VW Dealer Getting It Right - bhoy wonder
Car was serviced yesterday at Verve Glasgow (Dalmarnock Branch). As usual got the phone call to say that I needed new windscreen wipers, new bulb for tail light and my back pads have only about 3000 miles left. All of which I knew about as I checked the car before it went in. To my surprise these where only recommendation no mention that we can do these for you at xxx price. Also said car will not be ready at 13:00 as they had found a leak in my radiator and they where replacing it under warranty.

Went to collect the car and instead of being handed the keys and left to wander round trying to find the car deleted - no naming / shaming please - DD. I was asked to take a seat and a driver will bring it round to the front door.

As people are always downing VW main dealers I feel they did a very professional job.

VW Dealer Getting It Right - Pugugly {P}
Went to collect the car and instead of being handed the keys and left to wander round trying to find the car deleted - no naming / shaming please - DD. I was asked to take a seat and a driver will bring it round to the front door.

Both BMW Dealers I use do this, what worries me is what happens around the back.
VW Dealer Getting It Right - mlj
As does my Toyota dealer. And the car is valeted inside and washed. And I get a follow up call from the dealer within 48 hours. And a follow up letter from Toyota HQ. And the cost is so far about half what I used to have to pay VW.
VW Dealer Getting It Right - PhilW
"I feel they did a very professional job"

Why is this "naming and shaming" whereas on another thread:-

"Thats what I call service from a Main Dealer .
So well done and thank you to SOUTHERN COUNTIES in Crawley."
is apparently not?

Not being stroppy, but don't see why the first quote has anything to do with "shaming", good to hear a a dealer that does "a very professional job", and perhaps it might bring him some (deserved) extra custom?

--
Phil
VW Dealer Getting It Right - Dynamic Dave
philW,

I removed the other garage mentioned that didn't bring the car around to the front for him and something else mentioned that they did or didn't do. The naming / shaming comment wasn't being directed toward Verve Glasgow (Dalmarnock Branch).

Although the other garage wasn't actually mentioned by name, it's location was enough to *possibly* indicate who bhoy wonder was refering to.

Hope that clarifies things. DD.

VW Dealer Getting It Right - PhilW
Fair enough DD, more to it than I thought!
Regards
--
Phil
VW Dealer Getting It Right - Zippy123
When my Vectra was last in for repair, I could swear they hid it!

Handed me the key said it was in the car park.

Right round the back it was. On muddy ground, boxed in between 4 big Movaro? vans. When I gave up looking for it after 15 minutes in the rain it took them another hour to find it - and its not a huge dealer.

I am sure they were mucking about 'cause I was anoyed that it took them over two weeks to fix the car (one small part to do with the fuel pump) and no curtesy car provided.

I will never buy Vauxhall again.
VW Dealer Getting It Right - adam f
girlfriends car was smashed into by joyriders so car went into local renault.
comunications was fantastic but when she went to get her car back there was lots and lots of oil and other marks all over the seats.
they then said that the marks were already there but she only bougt the car brand new 2 weeks before and they were having none of it.
that really let them down so wont be using them again
VW Dealer Getting It Right - rtj70
Couple of years ago my car at the time was in at a VW dealer to sort a problem. When I collected it was handed the keys and went to swap my stuff from courtesy car. Upon returning their car keys someone who knew me in the dealership said something about bumping my car - quite matter of fact. Turns out they had a 4x4 in (years before the Toureg so not a VW) and it had been driven into my car by a technician. Not happy because I nearly drove off without knowing there was a bump on the car.

Obviously went into their body shop for free and first repair obvious. Thankfully a company car!