Ecotek - Schuey
I was curious as to whether anyone on the forum has had or currently has, an Ecotek valve fitted to their petrol engined car. The reason I am asking is that I have read that they increase economy - but this is only by 1%. However it does increase performance also.

I would like to know whether anyone has positive or negative results with theirs, if the item does benefit performance and economy, are there any drawbacks.

Many thanks
Ecotek - cheddar
No idea though good luck in Canada tomorrow, 1% might make the difference over Alonso :)
Ecotek - Armitage Shanks {p}
Snakeoil! The Manufacturers spend millions of £s developing their engines and then someone comes along with a £50 widget which improves performance and does it while burning less fuel! Not very likely is it? Has this device ever been subjected to a fully independent engineering evaluation and, if it has, where can we read the results? A 1% improvement would be hard to measure in a laboratory never mind on the open road. My fuel consumption varies by 3 mpg just with changes in the air temp.
Ecotek - nortones2
Make up yor own mind Schuey. www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/non_broadcast/Adj...7
Ecotek - Armitage Shanks {p}
Thanks for that Nortones, I ha been looking some sort of link to post but you did it for me! There have been similar complaints re the effectiveness, or otherwise, of the Broquet device but that is another story!
Ecotek - nortones2
AS: I happened to come across this site www.fuelsaving.info/biog.htm where a number of gadgets were examined. Its interesting to read the comments on people who persuade themselves that this junk works! A number of periodicals including a deadly rival to the Telegraph appear to be smitten by it. Revenue?
Ecotek - colino
These things just do not work on modern cars. 20 years ago, when you took your foot off of the accelerator, the high vacuum created in the inlet manifold drew a lot of unnecessary fuel through the carb. With fuel injection and closely programmed engine management systems, air bleed devices are a waste of your hard earned cash.