Peugeot 206cc bonnet switch alarm fault - KingSter2404
Can anyone please help me. I have an '03 Peugeot 206cc. When i alarm the car using the keyfob it locks but the alarm goes off after appox 30 seconds and the digital display shows that the bonnet has been opened.

This has occured since a rather large woman decided to sit on the corner of the bonnet.

I guess its only a faulty switch/sensor but can anyone tell me where it is and what it looks like so that i can check it out.

All help will be greatly recieved as i have to lock the car now using the door lock so's not to wake the neighbourhood.
Peugeot 206cc bonnet switch alarm fault - LeePower
Hi

Look at the bonnet catch, Hidden & clipped to it is a small black switch with 2 wires coming from it, Thats the alarm switch.

The connector plug is behind the front grill towards the left.

The switches can fall off & hang down behind the grill, Also never EVER squirt WD40 or any other spray at them, They always go wrong & set the alarm off after being sprayed with any lubricant.

Try adjusting the bonnet rubbers or given the bonnet a little tweak if the bonnet isnt sitting square.
Peugeot 206cc bonnet switch alarm fault - KingSter2404
Thank you very much for that advice. Now i know where to look i can finally sort this out.

Again, thank you
Peugeot 206cc bonnet switch alarm fault - LeePower
New switches are about £18 from Peugeot if its gone faulty or scrapyard & hunt through the Peugeot / Citroen pile, They have been using these switches for around 12 years.

If you take that route match the colour of the connector plug up.