Fuel enhancers - martin
Hi all

a quick question, i recently used "ZX1 Extralube" in my fuel tank (stupidly putitng in 100ml instead of 50ml) since which the car has lost power on acceleration. This
is an intermittent problem which comes and goes, i am still on the same tank of diesel too. Does anyone know if this is a normal consequnece of over use? Or is it a conincidence and i have in fact a much more serious problem?

thanks all

martin
Re: Fuel enhancers - Mike Harvey
Martin, If your tank had a reasonable amount of fuel in it, an extra 50ml of ZXL would make about 1% of sweet FA difference. This of course means you have another problem..........
Mike
Re: Fuel enhancers - Andy Bairsto
Fuel enhancers enhance the profits of the supplier and empty the wallets of the gullable as told to me by a refinery chemist.
Re: Fuel enhancers - martin
all around it does'nt sound too good then, i obviously have another problem. Not what i need now. Any idaes what failing power can be, revs are up but it really pulls on hills, drops down to 30mph and very slow acceleration.

any thoughts appreciated!

thanks
Re: Fuel enhancers - Alyn Beattie
When did you last change your fuel filters? Could be fuel starvation
Re: Fuel enhancers - martin
the fuel filter is about 6 months old, there are quite a few air bubbles in the tubes running into it however. Could this be a problem?

cheers
Re: Fuel enhancers - Adam
It could be that you have a hole in your fuel line if you have air bubbles in the fuel line. Most filters are on the suction side so air can be sucked in anywhere between the tank and the lift pump.

I have tried all types of fuel additives in my small diesel (for free as part of my job), although not a scientific study, I found that any differences in fuel economy or performance, were dur more to a placebo effect than anything else.martin wrote:
>
> the fuel filter is about 6 months old, there are quite a few
> air bubbles in the tubes running into it however. Could this
> be a problem?
>
> cheers