Laguna II squeaky front windows - goinginaguna
My front electric windows are squeaky on my Laguna when the weather is dry. Has anyone experienced this problem and knows of the cure beore I get my dealer to fix it for me?
Laguna II squeaky front windows - Xileno {P}
Buy some silicone lubricant spray from any good car shop, for example Halfords. Comes in a yellow can from that retailer. The rubbers get dry in the hot weather.
Laguna II squeaky front windows - Altea Ego
clean out the rubbers first, get all the grit and carp out.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Thanks chaps - will get some @ lunchtime today.

Here's to a squeak-free summer.
Laguna II squeaky front windows - David Horn
Don't let it get in the steering wheel or pedals though, the Halfords stuff comes out in a wide spray.

Also be careful with it near buttons, as it sticks to the rubber conductors inside some of them and stops them, err, conducting.

Finally, if you use it on a bike (excellent for suspension forks), don't get it on the disc rotor. Stops the brakes working, although of course that's never happened to me... ;)
I tried this spray at the weekendend after cleaning the windows and drying them. I gave them a spraying with the lubricant and they still squeak, as well as covering my window with the stuff when the go up/down. I wonder if it is a more deep-seated problem. Any more offers people ?
Is it a mechanical squeaking , like an old wheel barrow with a squeaky wheel? Or is it a rubbery squeak? And when did this start happening i.e. was it the hot weather?
Laguna II squeaky front windows - L'escargot
the rubber conductors

Huh?
--
L\'escargot.
Laguna II squeaky front windows - martint123
>> the rubber conductors
Huh?
--
L\'escargot.

Things like rubber calculator/remote control buttons. Rubber with carbon imbedded in it. Most lubricant sprays wreck them.
Laguna II squeaky front windows - harryhammer
Sounds to me as if the window regulators are on the way out!
Went into my local dealer for them to carry out the recall on the exhaust gas recirculation pipe and asked them to look at this problem at the same time.

Turms out it was the mechanism and not the seals themselves - it was a metallic sound that was associated with the dry weather, and went after rainfall. All sorted now, so thanks for everyone's help with this.
I am glad it's sorted.

What is this recall all about? I've not heard anything about this. What engine does your Laguna have?