Rover 600 Central Locking Probs - BenC
Hello there,

I've been lurking round the site, read up and it helped me come to the decision to buy a Rover 620SLi 1995 N reg, which is a sweet car with lots of gadgets and gizmos for the dosh I paid.

It has one silly niggly problem though. The central lock works fine, but the near side back door doesn't want to know. Its not a major problem, more one of those irritating things, having to reach in and unlock it from the inside. If anyone has any ideas, I would be most grateful.

Thanks very much.

PS, HJ has come across the bizz on the radio
Re: Rover 600 Central Locking Probs - Simon
It is most likely to be a knackered central locking motor on that door. A fairly common occurance on Rovers. You might find that it is 'better' to put up with it than go to the expense of having a new motor fitted, it all depends on how often you want to use the back door.
Re: Rover 600 Central Locking Probs - Mike Harvey
I'd agree with Simon, though you might check the wires where they go into the door from the B post. Opening and closing the door can fatigue the cables and break them. The wires are very thin on Rovers.
Regards
Mike
Re: Rover 600 Central Locking Probs - ian (cape town)
Agreed, mike.
check with a multimeter if there is current reaching the motor.I don't know the rover, but assume it would have a standard up-down locking device.
If there is current, sit with your ear on the door as you 'plip' the unlocker - it might be that the motor is working (you'll hear it, and feel the vibration) , but the locking knob (for want of a better word!) is sticking. this occured on my astra, and a blast of q20 and a quick wiggle worked wonders.
Re: Rover 600 Central Locking Probs - Nicholas Moore
Have the same car, post-facelift on an S plate. If you are near Cambs, try Crown Garage in Soahm (see good garages guide). They can sort out most niggles effectively, and cheaply (not that I've had any on the 600 as yet).
Re: Rover 600 Central Locking Probs - BenC
Thank you all! I'll give some of those a try. Unfortunately I live too far away from Cambridge, so I'll have a little tinker around myself.

Thanks for your help!