Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - SaabFanatic
I'm trying to get hold of some "Lubegard" ATF additive (seems to have a pretty good reputation and there's even a Saab technical bulletin that recommends it) but I can't find a supplier in the UK. Any ideas? I emailed the US manufacturer but as yet no reply.
Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - Galaxy
Ebay?
Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - Roger Jones
An ATF additive? Recommended? I am surprised. Tell us more.
Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - SaabFanatic
www.3d-transmissions.co.uk/images/PDF/lubegard.pdf

www.lubegard.com claims other OEM endorsements, but I don't have anything "documentary" to substantiate them.

Anyone any experience of using this (or other) additive? I've used Wynn's ATF stop-leak additive in the past to eke-out the life of a worn seal, it worked inasmuch as it reduced a "dribble" to a "drip" which was pretty good considering the age, mileage, and value of the car.

Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - Hamsafar
www.transcentre.co.uk/

Sell it over the counter, but I can't recommend their workshop service..
Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - Aprilia
This is actually a 'friction modifier' to slightly change the frictional properties of the fluid and reduce lock-up clutch shudder and clutch squark. I've no doubt it works, but I would suggest that it would be better to use one of the HFM multi-purpose synthetic ATF's like Amsoil ATF, Redline D4 or the semi-synth 'AutoGlide' from Specialtyformulations.com (only about £30 for two gallons shipped to the UK).
Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - Roger Jones
"lock-up clutch shudder and clutch squark"

Aprilia, you've got me floored with the last one. It's not even at:

sromagazine.com/paris/dictionary/sro-dics.htm

Ah ha, "a wail as you engage the clutch" -- right?
Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - Hamsafar
Buses used to make that noise in the 1980s.
Lubegard ATF additive - available in UK? - Aprilia
Maybe I should say 'sqwark'??

Its a chirping noise that some auto's make as the clutches engage. Due to high frequency 'stick-slip' of the plates. Using a more highly friction-modified fluid helps alleviate it. I've heard it on ZF 4HP14's and 4HP18's.