Three cheers for prompt road repairs - Roger Jones
I live near the Herts/Beds border. Two days ago I reported one pot-hole in Herts and one in Beds, using the Herts online channel and the Beds e-mail channel. Three cheers: the Herts one was repaired within half a day and the Beds one within a day.

The point of posting this is to show that such reporting is worthwhile and the authorities can be impressively responsive. I know in the Herts case that the online report gets picked up immediately on laptops in the repair trucks.

I try to keep the reports strictly factual, but the term "wheel-breaking pot-hole" is one that does grab attention.

This is a useful site for government links;

www2.tagish.co.uk/Links/localgov.nsf/
Three cheers for prompt road repairs - VR6
I work for Warwickshire COunty Concil and we have a similar on line reporting system. I have used it to report pot holes (rather than ringing direct) and they were also very quick to fix the problem.

Three cheers for prompt road repairs - Altea Ego
East Northants. fixed in 24 hours.

Moral? if you want it fixed, tell them.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Three cheers for prompt road repairs - henry k
Moral? if you want it fixed, tell them.

>>
Totally agree TVM

I reported a nasty pothole, especially for cyclists, that had been in existence for weeks, on the crest of Hampton Court Bridge.
Surrey CC were most helpful and said even if it is not our responsibility we will get it sorted.
They did!
I have nothing but praise for Surrey CC in fixing potholes on many many occasions.