is car overprice? please advise? - trigger_mike
Hello, im looking at buying a Vauxhall Vectra from a local garage but a little concerned it my be overpriced, wondered if anyone with a Glasses guide could value it for me please?.
It's a Mk2 October 2002 51 reg Vauxhall Vectra 2.2DTi SRi 130 with only 39000 miles on the clock, It's on the forecourt for £5995 but been told he'll knock £175 off it for me as i have no p/x.
What do you think?, the cars mint. cheers mike
is car overprice? please advise? - Andy P
Probably about right. Autotrader shows up the following:

2001 '51 31k £6000
'52 no mileage stated £5995
2002 39k £5995
2002 '52 78k £5995

I think it depends on where you are, cars up north seem cheaper then cars down south (ipswich) p.s the 2002 39k £5995 is the one im talking about.
is car overprice? please advise? - DavidHM
2001 2.2 DTi?

is car overprice? please advise? - DavidHM
For some reason I thought the 2.2 engine only came out with the new version. It didn't.

This car is very low mileage indeed for a big diesel, but the Mk I Vectra is really not a very good car and was (and felt) a very old design by 2001/2002. You're also paying a huge premium for a low mileage - at 80k miles this car would be under £4k.

Get a Mondeo instead. Or if you want an old design, a 406.
is car overprice? please advise? - Zippy123
DON'T

I have a Vectra 2.2i petrol 04 model from new and its been troublesome -

Back door locking mechanism failed twice.
Automatic wipers failed twice.
Cruise control failed (new computer needed).
Something to do with the fuel system failed and stranded the family and took two weeks to fix with no replacement vehicle provided.

I previously had an Avensis from new, that did more miles, no problems with it what so ever!

is car overprice? please advise? - Marc
On a 51 plate I'm guessing it's a Vectra B (facelifted version of the original Vectra) If so, at this price I think it's overpriced. For this money you can get into a Vectra C (52 plate onwards) diesel with about 50k on it.

Also the GM 2.2 diesel, whilst chain driven, is a bit noisy and not that economical - it's old technology
is car overprice? please advise? - Avant
"It's a Mk2 October 2002 51 reg "

If 51-reg it'll be Oct 2001; if Oct 2002 it should be a 52. Make sure you're not being had.
i've looked into it, got told it was a october 2002 but the dvla website comes back as a january 2002, still unsure what to do, don't really like the look of the newer boxy vectras though.
is car overprice? please advise? - Zippy123
The boxy style vectra is a much better car than the previous model - imho.

Still, I find it unreliable.

The forcast price of mine afer 36 months is 5800 approx with 70k miles (2.2i petrol design).

is car overprice? please advise? - scruffythedog118
Please dont bother with this car!

I have just traded in a Vectra (new shape) it was a 2003 (03) LS model 2.2 DTi Auto - with only 35K on the clock.

The best way I could describe my experience in the 3 months I had this car was that it really is a basic pile of uneconomical dog poo.

I only bought the car as an "interim" whilst looking for another VW Passat 1.9 S TDi - which I know have - thank god !

Please dont do it, look for a passat they are a class onto their self and will return MUCH better economy.

Consider also: Mondeo, Primera etc.
is car overprice? please advise? - Dynamic Dave
Personally I had very few problems with my Vectra-B, and even less with my current Vectra-C. (I do hope I don't live to regret that statement)
Thank you all for your advice, i think your right, i'm gonna pass on it and keep looking for a mondeo tdci zetec-s like i wanted, just finding it hard work to find one in my area!.