Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - Stuartli
Local area Ceefax story tonight about Rossendale bus operators and a collabortion with the local council.

Seems the bus operators have finally tired of motorists, van drivers and others illegally blocking bus stops, so have taken action to curb the transgressors.

They asked the council to allow traffic wardens to travel by bus arund the area and, if a warden comes across a vehicle or vehicles blocking a bus stop (it's difficult, apparently, for the disabled and elderly in particular to get on or off buses because of the problem), the warden nips off the bus, issues a ticket or tickets, and then nips back on the bus...:-)

So neat and simple and saves traffic wardens all that walking...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - Wales Forester
Sounds like an excellent idea.
Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - johnny
what - riding traffic wardens? ;-)
Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - martint123
Not that I would do it, but where does it say it's illegal to park in bus stops?

Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - Pugugly {P}
in the various road traffic regulations if the signage is right.
Not that I would do it, but where does it say it's illegal to park in bus stops?>>

It certainly is around my area - sometimes the police book people as well as traffic wardens.

PS

For as long as I can remember it's been illegal to park on a bus stop between the hours of 7am and 7pm where I live (and probably elsewhere).
What's for you won't pass you by
Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - Ben79
It is my understanding that you cannot park within bus stop markings, but if there is an unmarked layby with a bus stop there you can park there if you don't prevent the bus reaching the stop.
Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - Pete M
Think of the outcry if a Traffic Warden was to be run over by a bus....
Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - Armitage Shanks {p}
I was in Inverness last month and I saw one traffic warden whizzing about on a posh Peugeot scooter; I suppose he gets around and covers a bigger area that way.
Parking (and Riding) Traffic Wardens - Cliff Pope
It certainly is around my area - sometimes the police book
people as well as traffic wardens.

Traffic wardens may not be people, but it seems a little unfair to book them just for that.
>>but it seems a little unfair to book them just for that.>>

LOL
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by