Insurance question - corblimeyguvnar
Apologies if this has been asked before but he goes anyway.
I am Fully Comp insured on my motor (unfortunately er indoors has commandeered it on a near permanent basis!), a mate has offered to lend me his van for a few months, the van is insured 3rd party for himself only (ie no other named drivers etc), would I be legal to drive this van, under my insurance 3rd party only?
Does that make sense?, hopefully you will understand what I am getting at.
(Oh and further apologies for the spelling)

Cheers
CBG
--
Drink Lager, Talk Piffle !
Insurance question - blue_haddock
You need to check your policy as recently some insurer's have been removing the right to drive other vehicles as a way of cutting costs.
Insurance question - bell boy
also bare in mind if you bump it you may lose a mate as third party wont pay for his repairs if accident your fault
Insurance question - corblimeyguvnar
thanks, and some good points, have checked insurance and am insured to drive the van, but, as stated i am responsible if i total his van, hadnt thought of that, suppose as i have been lucky enough not to have had any sort of ding for a number of years and also have not (knowingly) been responsible for damage, yet.
think i better sit down with me old mate and point out the cons to this arrangement.
Cheers all, as always you are spot on with the info.
CBG
--
Drink Lager, Talk Piffle !
Insurance question - David Horn
Depending on your age a 3 month policy to cover you fully comp on the van might be a lot less than you expect.