Renault Megane Coupe - bhoy wonder
Have had a price of £14,500 for a new Megane coupe Dynamique that has been imported from Cyprus. Is this value for money?
Is there anything that I should be aware of, any pit falls on this deal?
I have been told by the salesman that it has a full 3-year British warranty - is this true? - I haven't had this in writing.
Thanks
Renault Megane Coupe - fray bentos
Is that from a main Renault dealer? If so thats expensive as its an import where there may be differences in spec or combatability with parts. I was quoted £12500 for an import from a broker.A friend is unable to trade his imported Focus in to a main dealer, and is now stuck with it! Scary if you pay £14500 for your Renault,nice though they are!
Renault Megane Coupe - Stuartli
New 1.6 here at £13,995:

tinyurl.com/otbu8

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
fray bentos. The car is with Motorpoint (Glasgow).
Renault Megane Coupe - Lud
What wd induce anyone to buy this commonplace-looking roof-folder when they could buy a good-looking and lighter weight two or four-door Megane for less?
Renault Megane Coupe - Xileno {P}
Because the good-looking and lighter weight two or four-door Megane does not have a folding roof!
commonplace-looking roof-folder>>

I saw my first example of this Renault (champagne type colour) a few months ago driving around the local Tesco car park.

Couldn't work out what it was until a closer examination revealed all.

I thought it was - and still do - a cracking looking vehicle from virtually any angle.

Perhaps the only Renault I'd consider buying and it would be purely on looks...:-)
Renault Megane Coupe - Happy Blue!
You can get the diesel engine version of this car on a one year lease for about £160 per month + VAT. I know what I would do!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Perhaps the only Renault I'd consider buying and it would be
purely on looks...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

I agree it's quite nice looking, Stuartli, but that rounded screen pillar and the huge, bustle-like boot lid made necessary by the need to hide the whole roof under it are to be seen in a number of other, similar cars. The body will be more jelly-like than a saloon body and the mechanism despite the design miracles embodied in it will be heavy and bulky. Sorry, but to me these cars even in a more expensive class (Mercedes) seem to me jumped up and a bit hairdresserish. Of course I don't mean to offend.
>>Of course I don't mean to offend.>>

None taken. If we all thought the same life would be very boring...:-)

But there are a lot of these coupes around our area now, so clearly they have struck a chord with a lot of people.

But there's a long way to go before they catch up with the number of Picassos......:-)
Actually on the subject of disappearing-hardtop cars, Ford I think in the late 50s produced one in which the roof didn't fold at all but simply lifted into the enormously long but otherwise conventionally shaped (not overclosing like a suitcase as with these modern Euro versions) boot. I'm afraid I'm carp at finding pix and posting weblinks, but someone more expert may be able to do it.

Just a gizmo. But we love gizmos don't we, really?
>Ford I think in the late 50s>>

Is this the one?

tinyurl.com/e6yc3
Does this description of 1949-51 Fords remind you of any particular present day marques...:-))

www.secondchancegarage.com/public/643.cfm

The very thing Stuartli. I see I had remembered incorrectly though, because the roof does fold.

Those 1949-50 Ford Fordor and Tudor cars were I thought at the time good looking, and I had the privilege of driving on Yelverton aerodrome - a disused wartime one - outside Plymouth my Irish uncle's borrowed example, Dublin in those days having many American cars. I was 14 I think, and let the clutch in roughly causing wheelspin from rest. Wasn't allowed to go over about 30, or far though. It must have been a 1950 example because my late aunt and uncle had just returned from a long continental trip in it, without trouble.
Renault Megane Coupe - massey

"Is this value for money"

I think a Cyprus import will suffer greater depreciation in the short term
Renault Megane Coupe - Xileno {P}
You need to make sure you're getting the facelift model. HJ roadtest on front page.
Decided not to buy car. To many unanswered questions from the dealer.
Renault Megane Coupe - Collos25
Cyprus registered cars suffer collosal depreciation what you may gain now you will lose times over upon resale.