306 leaking boot - scfc_151
On my 1995 306 3 door i have a leak in the boot which i cannot find. Ive tried the obvious of sealing the weather strip with silicone but without success. I get the feeling its comming in when driving as aposed to just 'running in'. The water seems to pool at the very rear of the boot where the jack and wheel brace sit. Just wondered if there are any places I could seal check?

Thanks all
306 leaking boot - skap7309
Check the rear light clusters if its right at the rear, mine did and sealing them stopped it
blimey you replied quick :-) im gona check the rear lights as i think it is comming from the right side. Which part did you seal? Where the thread goes into the boot? cheers skap.
306 leaking boot - blue_haddock
I'd say the light clusters too.
just checked the lights...they are bone dry. I think its comming from underneath somewhere becasue in that compartment where the jack is its swimming.
306 leaking boot - Adam {P}
I don't think that means anything to be honest other than all the water is collecting there. If there was a hole big enough for water to get in from underneath then I can't imagine it'd stay there long enough to make a pool!

306 leaking boot - Dynamic Dave
Try checking around the rear wiper. The shaft that comes out through the bodywork / glass (can't remember which).

Failing that, if you've got a sunroof, check the drainpipes aren't blocked, or become disconnected.
306 leaking boot - bell boy
stick wife in boot shut tailgate and put hosepipe on car,this job can take 5 minutes or 5 hours depends how much you love wife ;)
306 leaking boot - skap7309
Its the actual rubber around the lights that i resealed
306 leaking boot - RichardW
When I had the boot carpet out of our ZX I found there's a 'pocket' in the body just under the light clusters. On ours this was full of water, and just overspilling the top and making the boot carpet damp - in just the location you describe. Lights, I thought, so I took them off, but there was no way the water could get from there into this pocket. Tried with a watering can, but I couldn't make it leak. So I whipped the bumper off and drilled a drain hole into the bottom of the pocket - if the water isn't there it can't rot the car! Car has also been much drier inside over the winter.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
When I had the boot carpet out of our ZX I found there's a 'pocket' in the body.....
--
RichardW

This sounds exactly the same problem Richard so ill give the drain hole thing a go. By the way i read your description on changing the rear subframe mounts which i did this weekend.......what a difference so thanks for that.

Matt
306 leaking boot - L'escargot
I had a ZX which had a leak into the rear of the boot. The vertical panel at the rear was made in two parts with a spot-welded horizontal overlapping joint. The lower part was outermost and consequently their was a ridge on which rain could collect. The bead of sealant was on the inside of the boot and although it was complete it had failed to cover the entire length of the joint, resulting in a leak path. I solved the problem with a generous application of sealant where the factory-applied sealent was misaligned with the joint.

This may be totally irrelevant on a 306 but it's got to be worth looking (both outside and inside the boot) for this sort of thing.
--
L\'escargot.
306 leaking boot - Andrew-T
"I get the feeling it's comming in when driving as aposed to just 'running in'"

Then the likely spot will be in a wheel arch where road water is thrown up. Or all the water off the roof goes down those two channels beside the tailgate. I had a 205 with a strange boot leak which I finally traced to a faulty factory seal over a lap-joint in the bodywork - in the narrow panel between bumper and tailgate. Has your car always had this leak, or is it a recent development?
just a bit of furthur information i noticed the leak is comming from the drivers side corner indide the boot. Its imposible to get anything behind the small gap that runs alongside the quater panel.

What are the possibilities of stoping a leak behind there?
leaking tailgate on 306 - scfc_151
i recently posted a thread regarding a 306 leaking tailgate. At the time I was unaware of where the leak was comming from. Due to the recent bad weather ive found the leak to be comming up from the road either from the wheelarch or under the rear bumper. The water pools in the channel where the jack sites. The measures taken so far are to drill drain holes so the water isnt sitting. I was wondering if anybody has had the same problem. If i can get away without taking wheelarches and bumpers off i was wondering if there is any steps i can take to 'stop the water comming through.

Thanks
306 leaking boot - Chris 123

In case anyone has this problem in the future I had a similar problem. The water came in around the rear 3/4 panel in the boot and ran along the wiring and down into the boot pooling by the rear light cluster. This will depend on the slope of the car. Having tried everything I spoke to my local Peugeot body shop. They suggested it could be a seam and said don't use silicone use the black gutter sealant. I refixed the seal using the sealant and put some on the panel seam on the top right of the car and it has totally cured the leak. The body shop says you can't always see the hole but they have experienced similar problems with hyundais.

Thanks body shop guys, it was driving me mad."

Edited by Chris 123 on 12/01/2020 at 16:37

306 leaking boot - Gibbo_Wirral

With mine it was a perished rubber seal on the boot handle.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/307-boot-leak-fix.208666/