peugot 106 clutch cable - chris k
i have a broken clutch cable on the above model, i have disconected the cable from the gearbox but how on earth do you pull out the cable from the bulkhead the power steering rack is in the way. how do you fit these i'm not thick but of average mechanical intelligence. thanks chris... quick replies welcomed
peugot 106 clutch cable - mjm
From Haynes manual (covers J to S reg)

Inside car

Undo retaining nuts and remove under fascia trim panel on drivers side

Unhook the inner cable from the top of the pedal. Note access to top of pedal is poor.

From inside engine compartment slacken and remove nut(where fitted) securing the outer cable to the bulkhead.

Withdraw the cable forward through the bulkhead releasing it from any relevant retaining clips and guides and noting its correct routing.

Sorry, I,ve never done it for real, son's 106 packed up big time before the cable went.

You may find it easier to see from underneath.

HTH
peugot 106 clutch cable - mjm
Meant to add

There are several Peugot experts on the site, probably do this in their sleep! They will no doubt be along to advise.
what is the under facia panel?
the problem i have is i cannot get the outer cable out of the bulkhead, it is right behind the power steering rack.... any help appreciated.
peugot 106 clutch cable - Peter D
Also post on www.bba-reman.com and Cyril will be along shortly with the answer or visit the site and email him. Regards Peter
peugot 106 clutch cable - 659FBE
I have done this job. Anyone with a back problem should not attempt this.

To get the cable outer free of the bulkhead you need to work inside the car - the cable is a tight snap fit in the hole with plastic "barbs". I cut a notch in the surrounding rubber gasket so that I could see the end of the cable outer. Then use a pin punch and a hammer to free the cable from the hole. I broke off one of the barbs which is of no consequence on the old cable. As you have discovered, there is no access under the bonnet due to the steering rack.

The real joker with this job is access to the top of the clutch pedal to release the spring clip to enable the plastic end of the new cable to be hooked in (this is where they always break). Unless you are Houdini, take the nut off the clutch pedal pivot bolt, get an assisant to open a brake bleed nipple and lower the brake pedal sufficiently to free the captive pivot bolt. Fitting the new cable inner to the top of the clutch pedal is now "easy". Bleed the brake if you have let any air in, and don't forget to top up the fluid. To get the new cable outer back in the hole, refit everything and get an assistant to press the clutch pedal whilst you guide the outer into position under the steering rack.

I replaced an auto-adjust cable with a manual adjust type from a motor factor - very cheap. Beware, there are two patterns of cable with differing bulkhead fittings, both are available. The manual adjust cable has been no problem in use and requires very little adjustment, just make sure there is a little free play at the pedal. Best of luck; it's easier than it sounds when you've done one, and mind your back!

thanks for the detailed response... iv'e now done the job but did get the wrong cable (bulkhead fitting different)thanks for ALL the help.