Swift Review - Aprilia
I assisted my sister in buying a new car (to replace her Punto). 'We' ended up choosing a 1.5GLX Swift. Due to delays in delivery she was away when the car arrived and it was agreed that I would take delivery (this was just before Easter). I therefore ended up driving the car around for about two weeks. Here's a 'mini review' of the car after about 500miles/two weeks of driving. Bear in mind the car was brand new and not mine - so I was driving it gently.....

First of all let me say that the Swift is a very good piece of design work - both internally and externally.
What Suzuki have done is to take two rectangular 'boxes' - a big one of the passenger compartment and smaller one for the engine - and style them so that they don't look/feel like boxes at all. There is very little wasted space inside the car - but it still feels 'interesting' inside - not boxy at all. A lot of that has to be down to the 'two level' dash design which works very well indeed.

The inside feels very spacious (I'm a big guy - 6'4" and nearly 18 stone) and there is plenty of room for me and still room for an adult behind me. The seats are comfortable - longest journey was about 60 miles and no problems. Like a lot of modern superminis you feel to be sitting quite high.
Trim quality of the dash is fine - but the adjustment levers on the seats and petrol filler release lever feel flimsy.

Ride and handling are very good. The car goes exactly where you point it and the steering (EPAS) is very precise and nicely weighted. It has a nicer feel than the Polo/Fabia system, for example. Along country B-roads it feels very sporting with good grip (Continental PremiumContact 185/60x15HR - a big tyre for the class of car). The bodyshell feels very stiff and there were no creaks or rattles.

I didn't hammer the engine too hard - but it has more than enough power for the size of car (110bhp in a supermini is enough for most people) and you feel a definite extra kick about 3500rpm when the VVT comes in.
Gearing is relatively high - 3000rpm gives 69mph according to my GPS - so that's 23mph/1000rpm.
The gearbox deserves special mention - its one of the best I've ever used - very slick with a short throw. Clutch is not so good - the bite point is too high IMHO.
Brakes are fine - no comment really (Suzuki use ATE 4-channel ABS system).
Plenty of kit - the built in CD stereo is a Panasonic and sounds fine. Keyless entry does what its supposed to - but I find them a bit of a gimmick really.

Good points: Roomy for its class, nice styling, good ride, steering and very good handling. Lots of equipment, feels very solid. Good performance.

Bad points: Some bits of trim a bit lightweight, clutch bite point takes some getting used to. Red instrument panel illumination is a bit garish.

Overall - for the price (£8.5k with discount) seems hard to beat to me. Its hard not to like the car and my sister is quite delighted with it.
Swift Review - autumnboy
The only point I would defer from above, is the ICE could be better especially for this Model which is the higher grade Swift model.

As part of my job, I've driven various cars, although the sound system is alot better than most, but its not the best I've listened to in this price range.