ford focus wheelramps - spidey
Can anybody advise me about the use of wheelramps with my Focus. I have an old pair, but i cannot drive up them without scraping the bumper. Do I need special ramps, where can I buy them. I know I could take the bumper off but this involves a lot of work.

Spidey
ford focus wheelramps - Peter D
I use a 6 inch wide 2 ft long 1.5 inch thick peices of wood one end on the ground the other resting on the second rung of my rams. Problem solved. Regards Peter
ford focus wheelramps - spidey
Thanx for that Peter. Unfortunately the ramps I have are solid ie no rungs.

Spidey
ford focus wheelramps - Peter D
Improvise, drill two holes though the end of the 'plany and two holes in the solid ramp and use log coach bolt to secure the Plank at the right height to facilitate getting the focus up on the ramps. DOn't just rest the wood on the ramp as you are liable to spit it out and drop the front valance onto the ramps and do some damage.
ford focus wheelramps - bell boy
get a decent jack and some axle stands that gives much better access under your car and in my opinion is safer as you can control the lift rather than driving blind onto ramps,they can also be used at the back of the car as well then and take up less room in your garage
£100 will buy you what you need at machine mart or a factor may have them as a package deal.
Never did like ramps as you cant get in from the side or do suspension or brake work with them.........sorry
ford focus wheelramps - Ian (Cape Town)
Agree with oldman on this. trolley jack and 4 axle stands.
Using ramps puts the car at an angle, which on some models means that, for example, the oildrain plug is "off", and you still have a fair amount of dirty oil/sludge left in the engine after draining.
The other great advantage of axle-stands is that if, in the future, you have to store the car, then using stands avoids flat-spotting the tyres.
Also, stands make wheel rotation a piece of cake.