Pug 306 rear speakers not working? - trigger_mike
Hi, i have a 1999 Peugeot 306 Meridain with a CD player in it, for some reason the rear speakers don't work, I've had the car a year and they have never worked, the jack plug is connected and their isn't a setting on the stereo to fade the sound from front to rear, i've included a photo of the stereo.
Can any of guy's help???

i3.tinypic.com/winjtj.jpg
Pug 306 rear speakers not working? - BB
Silly question, but are there any speakers in the rear? The grille is usually there but on some models, no speakers.
Pug 306 rear speakers not working? - trigger_mike
Yes their is, they are part of the parcel shelf and their is a cable that cames from the speaker's with a jack plug that you undo when you remove the shelf.
Pug 306 rear speakers not working? - Peter D
If the radio has no front/rear balance/fade then I suspect this is not the original radio or the speakers where fitted for a fancy randio that the ownere retreived when he sold the car. Regards Peter
Pug 306 rear speakers not working? - AlastairW
Agreed Peter. The stereo in the pic is not a Peugeot standard item (should be Blaupunct?). Would it be worth pulling the stereo out to see if there are connections for a second pair of speakers?
Pug 306 rear speakers not working? - Andrew-T
"The stereo in the pic is not a Peugeot standard item (should be Blaupunkt?"

In 98/99 Peugeot were fitting Clarion RDS radios badged Peugeot, if the brochures are to be believed (I have just consulted a copy).
Pug 306 rear speakers not working? - Andrew-T
... in fact, come to think of it, the CD option was a boot-mounted autochanger. Is that what you have? - if not, yours must be a replacement. But I would have thought any CD system would be set for 4 speakers.