Toyota 4Runner Rear Fog Relay - wobblyboot
Aaaarghhh! This is doing my head in, the rear fog light has packed up on my 1994 4Runner, and I can't work out why it isn't working.
The bulb and bulb holder work fine, and I've managed to trace the cable as far as the passenger footwell, and there's continuity between there and the light.
There is power at the switch, when the sidelights are turned on, and the switch appears to work as there is continuity between two of the terminals when it is pushed in.
I've replaced the bulb in the switch, which I think is only for backlighting anyway, and I've had the dials out and replaced the warning light bulb with one that I know to work.
I've swapped the switch with one out of a friend's Hilux, which looked absolutely identical, and that made no difference.
The wire that comes from the fog light is a different colour to the wires that go into the switch, so I assume that there is a relay somewhere in the circuit, but even though I've had most of the dash out I can't find where the wires go as they get bundled into the main harness and don't seem to come out again.
I've checked every fuse under the bonnet and inside the driver's footwell with a meter, and I've pulled out every relay I can find, and put power across them to check they work, and tested them with a meter whilst doing so and they're all fine.
I've had the glove box out and looked for fuses behind there and there weren't any.
I've now run out of ideas.
Is there any thing else I can check? Does anyone know which relay is for the fog light? Every other electrical item on the car works, including all inside and outside lights, the cigar lighter etc so I don't suspect a fuse unless there is one that only does the rear fog light and it's somewhere I haven't looked.
Help!