Snooper INDAGO nav system - AndyTDi130
Hi All,

The new jobs going good, and the Accord (finally delivered on 3rd March) has done 8k already...

Been to some places recently that I've never seen before in my life (central Wigan's one to be reckoned with!) and I've been seriously thinking bout getting a Satnav gadget to get me around with a little less stress.

I had my Origin B2 rigged up in my old Passat, and found it really useful. Havent bothered so far in the new car, but have found myself getting flustered in strange surroundings, trying to read a map, check speed limits and having the phone ringing every 30 seconds (who'd be a salesman eh?)

So, units in the shortlist are:
* New Snooper INDAGO - looks amazing - anyone tried one?
* AA Navigator - had an email from the email offering the unit at £279, including free subs to speedcare and traffic updates...seems too good to be true?
*Road Angel Navigator - loved this when I first saw it, but a quick scan through Google shows some very negative reviews.

Thought I'd get away with buying a basic tomtom, but the more I look the more I fancy one of these. I really need it to go in a shirt pocket or briefcase to stop it being nicked...rules out the tomtom because of the awkward shape.
Also fancy the camera detectot side of things too....

Essentially, I dont mind spending a bit extra to get it right first time.

You thoughts please?!

Cheers!

Snooper INDAGO nav system - David Horn
TomTom with the speed camera alerts? Either from pocketgpsworld or the TomTom Plus service.
Snooper INDAGO nav system - Altea Ego
Having used a snooper S4, trully the most useless and appaling piece of kit and waste of time I have ever used, I would not consider anything from snooper.

Questions to ask yourself, you are spending 500 quid ont his thing, whats the updates for cameras and maps like.

TomTom1 and the pocketgpsworld camera database for me
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Snooper INDAGO nav system - leef
Thought I'd get away with buying a basic tomtom, but the
more I look the more I fancy one of these. I
really need it to go in a shirt pocket or briefcase
to stop it being nicked...rules out the tomtom because of the
awkward shape.
Also fancy the camera detectot side of things too....

>

I have a tomtom one, fits in my shirt pocket no problem??, maybe its the 300,500 and 700 that your thinking of with the awkwars shape? I also got the speed cameras and POI for £2.50 off ebay. Works perfectly. I think you can get the tomtom 1 now for £229... bargain IMO.

Thanks
Lee
Snooper INDAGO nav system - none
Ive got a TT1 as well, fits in any pocket. The only trouble is the little protruding on / off button is easy to operate accidentally. It might be a bit embarrasing to have Jane telling you "turn around" or "do a U turn as soon as possible" in the middle of a meeting.
Snooper INDAGO nav system - Altea Ego
Its actually very good to turn it on during meetings (as I have)

The phrase "You have reached your destination" ringing out during an overlong presentation really hits the mark.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >