MPV recommendation - rickt
Hope this is in the right section.I'm after a MPV , not new but a decent second hand model.Been looking around at some models on the net and like the look of the VW Sharan .I know it's a clone of the Galaxy/Alhambra and I have heard one or two negative things about these models. In short ,would you recommend one of these and is there anything I should look out for on these models? .Or could there be better models out there? many thanks
MPV recommendation - No FM2R
For my opinion.....

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=36...5
MPV recommendation - deepwith
Look at the Kia Carens - seems alot of MPV for not a lot of money.
MPV recommendation - R75
You have not said what sort of age 2nd hand you are looking at?

I have just got a Honda Shuttle - V reg (99) 65k and for £4250 (a very good price), It is superb. SWMBO is a child minder so quite often has 4 kids in the back, all in full child seats or booster seats and finds it easy to get them all in and out. It is an auto and makes for very easy & comfortable driving. The drivers and passanger seats are very comfy for long drives and the visibility is superb with large door mirrors. The 3rd row of seats also fold away into a space in the boot, making it a large booted 5 seater, or you can also fold up the middle row making it van like roomy in the back. I have yet to find fault with it as it fits our needs perfectly. Only down sides are the insurance group 15 and the fuel economy is not the best being a 2.3 petrol, but it is not unacceptable, also the fact that the centre belt in the middle row is only a lap belt not a 3 point belt - but for the money they are excellent value and have a very good reliability record (I hope ours will be the same), they are also quite nippy!!
MPV recommendation - dodo
Maybe not the most popular but ours has been outstanding over the past two years. In sharp contrast to its predecessor a 2002 Galaxy 115 Tdi. Oh and its a Mazda MPV 2.0 TD (136 bhp).
MPV recommendation - Happy Blue!
We have a Hyundai Trajet - it does a fine job and has a five year warranty; not that we've had to use it!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
MPV recommendation - tonyl
Mazda MPV. Nothing fancy but it does what is says on the tin. I've put 55k on mine (diesel) in the two years I've had it, and precisely nothing has gone wrong.
Here here!
MPV recommendation - rickt
Many thanks for the input , chaps.I'll be going through the links later. I've been out looking today to see whats on offer and I seem to have overlooked one or two models.I have seen a KIA Sodana that's a belter , but more money than I had wanted to pay . But still , this thing ofers a whole lot more and to me looks a fab MPV .Dont know much about KIA though , I've always had Fords & Vauxhalls in the past and own a Astra 1.7 TD estate [izuzu] & a Vecta 2.0DI estate at the moment and just want a change.I still like the look of the VW Sharan ,but with all these models to choose from ,its quite difficult to make one's mind up. I would like an easy maintainance vehicle with good miles per gallon and something that looks nice , not like I'm driving a box on wheels. cheers
Sharan has consistently featured at the bottom of the JD Power reliability survey -in fact one of the worst.