Espace 2.2 dCi Won't start - AAAaagh Espace!!
02 plate grand espace - there's nothing grand about it apart from the repair bills and the rip off approach the Renault Dealer takes. Currently the thing refuses to start. It turns over but won't fire. There's fuel up to the injectors but they don't appear to be doing anything. The garage I normally use (not a dealer) couldn't get any fault codes on his diagnostic equipment so resorted to towing it to Renault Dealer. They spent a dya on it - no fault codes found - but said at the end there was petrol in , instead of diesel - and charged for that diagnosis. My gargage towed the car back to their place, drained the system and found only diesel in it. Still it won't start. Can anybody offer assistance - apart from torching it.

A month back it was down on power - went to Renault dealer they stated intercooler and turbo failure and requested a bill for £2000 to repair. Took it to above garage he inspected turbo, confirmed no visible defects or oil internally. With regards the intercooler, one of the cores was punctured, something ha gone through the aircon matrix and into the intercooler matrix, Repaired for £250 fine afterwards.

How can a manufacturer get away with churning out such rubbish?

I could tell you more, but all I want is to get this thing started so I can get it to a garage and part chop it for something not French
Espace 2.2 dCi Won't start - Xileno {P}
This thread may help:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=24...6
Espace 2.2 dCi Won't start - AAAaagh Espace!!
Thanks for that.

In the event it turns out it was the diesel injector pump. Unfortunately debris from its' failure went down the fuel lines and has affected the injector spray pattern - runs a little more lumpy at idle, but once going seems ok. Cost £950 to get that sorted - didn't bother with the injectors - £1060(inc VAT) excluding fitting - these cars are a rip off!!
Espace 2.2 dCi Won't start - Armitage Shanks {p}
I agree they are pricey; the problem IMHO is that modern diesel systems are run at such high pressures that we are talking aerospace engineering standards and prices to match. However it looks as though we aren't getting aerospace quality!