Drivers side carpet is soaking wet? Polo - sony
The car in question is a mk4 polo. R reg.
I've recently noticed when I was hoovering the car that the drivers side ONLY is wet. Soaking.
Please tell me its not bad news!
Drivers side carpet is soaking wet?? - Bill Payer
Ok - it's not bad news.
Drivers side carpet is soaking wet?? - Sprice
Maybe its leaking in through the pollen filter?
Drivers side carpet is soaking wet?? - Xileno {P}
Door membrane.
Drivers side carpet is soaking wet?? - bell boy
you really need to get down and get under,ie stick your mush up the back of the glove box,i dont think these have pollen filters,not the ones that have been through my hands anyway.
You are looking for corrosion of the upper bulkhead or where the screen is bonded in (these polo"s on a P/R seem to be getting proper rotten this last 6 months spanish steel i assume if there is such a thing?)
If clean bill of health here, have you had the doorcard off lately?and the water is coming through here?
Finally leaking heater matrix?.........nice.......not
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Drivers side carpet is soaking wet?? - type's'
I had a similar experience and it was at the area just below the windscreen on the drivers side. The joint sealing compound had a very small hole that was allowing water in.
Once located and sealed (and I hope you find it quick with this weather) - if you can afford the time and trouble make sure you strip the carpet and padding material out and hang the padding material some where to dry for a few days (my dealer kept it in the workshop to dry) otherwise you will get a bad smell.
Check all the metal to metal joints very carefully (as well as areas already suggested)- it may even be worth trying this in a dark area with a torch (as daft as it sounds) because the light may high-light the area easily than you could see a defect in day light.
Drivers side carpet is soaking wet?? - sony
I am facing the front of the car, where I poured the water is at the far right and far left of the lowered section in front of the windscreen (near the corner tips of the wings, near the wing mirrors). On drivers side I can actually see a little pool of water that hasn't drained properly.