Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - Zippy123
SWMBO has a VW Touran 1.9TDi which is just one year old.

Two weeks ago it had a service at the main dealers (with 3k miles from new).

The computer on the dash now says "Service Now!" when she gets in the car and first starts it up.

Is this indicating that the service was not done?
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - mikeyb
This sounds very familiar to me. I bought a VW sharan for SWMBO just before christmas. It was a pre reg which the dealer principle had used for a few weeks so had 1800 miles on it. Told the car was on long life servicing which was what I wanted, but for some reson they serviced it before I picked it up. I was told the car was on long life, and all teh stickers asl stated the same, however when I looked in the service book it stated long life? Yes - long life oil used? No. I checked with the dealer who told me it was their policy to turn all used cars back to time and distance servicing before sale. They did turn it back to long life for me, but could it be that they have done the same to you and the car is on standard 12 month servicing - if so I bet the reminder come on about 1 month before its due.

How many miles has it done as if on long life it could just be that its due for a service if the driving conditionas are short frequent cold stop starts, or it could just be that they forgot to reset the service reminder when you bought it?
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - LeePower
Its more likely they forgot to reset the service indicator.

Also has this Touran been recalled for the dual mass flywheel yet?

We have a 05 plate 1.9 TDI Touran at work that got recalled for a new flywheel.
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - Altea Ego
The dealer has forgotten to reset the servce indicator.

The dual mass flywheel recall is for 2.0tdi's only.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - Bill Payer
The dealer has forgotten to reset the servce indicator.

but of course they'll swear blind that they didn't 'forget' to do any other part of the service, like change the oil etc.
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - Zippy123
>>but of course they'll swear blind that they didn't 'forget' to do any other part of the service, like change the oil etc.

That is exactly what I am worried about!

Is there anyway to test if the oil and filters have been changed?
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - Bill Payer
Is there anyway to test if the oil and filters have
been changed?

It's probably been done , but as the service clearly hasn't been completed, ask them to do it again, this time while you watch.

I had a similar thing with a VW, where they gave the service checklist, but it hadn't been ticked. I said (a bit tonque in cheek) that clearly the service hadn't been done and therefore I wouldn't pay. The service receptionist took the list away and brought it back a few mins later, fully ticked.

My only expectation when I take a car for service is that they'll stamp the service book (and I'd say that a third of the time they forget to do that until I ask) to maintain the warranty.
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - type's'
Very similar to my experiences with VW dealers - twice they forget to re-set service indicator and/or failed to stamp book or replace service sticker on windscreen.
If the oil and filter both look clean then they have probably done the service - but as you say what other elements of the service schedule have they missed - you should be ok with 1st service though - not really much to do.

My experience of VW dealers is they don't care - that's why I changed to Honda - IMHO they are in a different league to VW dealers. Plus the fact the cars operate under a standard 12.5K miles or 12 months service regime.
All the threads on this site suggest long life service programmes are bad news.

I hope it works out ok.
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - login
I had the same experience - bought a 2.0tdi in March06. Insisted on a full service as part of the deal - service warning light came on in September - 4k later.

btw Is there an official recall on the flywheel? - The dealer had no knowledge of this recall. Mine is a 2.0tdi SE - reg. March 2004.

Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - Altea Ego
Yes there is, between certain dates. Check on the www.clubtouran.net web site.

If you are not a member there yet, why not?!!!
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Service Now! - VW Touran TDi - Dr Rubber
Mix ups like these may be occuring due to the wrong time/distance being entered into the computer. My first 'ran thought it needed servicing every 1500 miles. Easy to reset, but a pain to have to do it every other fill up!
Minimum on on long life should be 9k, unless the wrong oil is used.
On the flywheel issue, full info is on the clubtouran site, a must for touran owners.
Joe