Using forecourt Jet Washes - J1mbo
Now we have a hose pipe ban and a possible total ban(drought order) I'm looking at using forecourt jet washes for the first time.

My question is, I plan on using my wash mitt rather then the rotary brush, will I have time to do this? I.e. does the timer on the clean water jet start when its used or are they on a timer??

Ideally I'd like to cover the car in foam, then rub it down with a mitt and wipe the alloys. Then, wash off with clean water but I don't want to run out of time!!!

What sort of programs do they have? Local ones to me are Tesco and BP.

Cheers for any help.
Using forecourt Jet Washes - LeePower
Tesco ones are normally put £1 in to get 3 minutes.

Then select a option & pick up the brush or lance to use what you have picked.

As soon as the button is pressed the timer starts to count down.

Using forecourt Jet Washes - Altea Ego
The one I use you get 6 minutes for 2 quid.

I use the foam brush for 6 minutes (its just a kind of very soft bristles broom) then the power lance for 6 minutes.

I do this every two weeks.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Using forecourt Jet Washes - daveyjp
Try and find a Morrisons they charge 25p per minute. Simply buy two blocks of time (you get a receipt with a code on it). Use say the first 5 minutes, then do the hand part, then use the second block. Within the time you can use whichever programmes you wish.
Using forecourt Jet Washes - Hamsafar
Can you use a waterbutt and a central heating pump to power a hosepipe at home?
If you wanted to, you could install a filter on the pickup too.
Hopefully you could fill this with rainwater, or at night from the tap. Maybe a pressure washer would pump the water out of the butt, or at least it would with a lift pump in series.
Using forecourt Jet Washes - mss1tw
Maybe a pressure washer would pump the water out
of the butt

It would
Using forecourt Jet Washes - Bromptonaut
Have to run off a significant quantity of water in our kitchn before the tap runs hot. Will save that to top up any remaining catch off the roof into the rain butt