Sick Renault dCi - Xileno {P}
Megane's not been too well recently, the last week it's been down on power and yesterday I put my foot down hard on a dual carriageway and it had a momentary 'don't want to play' attitude. I've noticed it's been rougher at idle as well. When I got home I phoned my local dealer and when I gave the symptoms was told to take it for a really hard drive and report back if no better.

So I did. Choosing my route carefully to avoid cameras, I gave that tiny 1.5 engine a change of diet from its usual pottering around. Took it up to 5000rpm for a while, you should have seen the black trail coming out the back. Definitely loosened some crud, it was still a bit smokey when I started it this morning. But the difference in performance is amazing, it feels a different car. The acceleration is back to normal, instant throttle response and a crispness that I had forgotten about. And it's back to its usual smoothness and impressive refinement.

Well worth it on these modern diesels, it would appear. Just watch your licence...
Sick Renault dCi - Adam {P}
>>Well worth it on these modern diesels, it would appear. Just watch your licence...<<

Yeah yeah - I think that's just an excuse you diesel drivers wheel out just to have a bit of fun ;-)

Good for the engine indeed. Next you'll be telling me it's healthy to do on a regular basis!