End of the road for Diesels ? - BMDUBYA
Having read the post over in Technical by Editor and the problem he is having with his 406 Hdi 2.2 particulate filter, I have become very dismayed that the only way forward to clean up diesels is to add Eloys to the fuel. This concerns me becuase from what I have read, it seems that the only way to refill this is by going to a main dealer and is costing a considerable amount, also my understanding is that some of the newer diesels are not as economical and questions are being asked about the longevity of common rail.

Are all diesel engines manufactured like this now or is it just Pugs? If the economy is being eroded and the cost of having additive topped up is quite expensive, does this mean its the end of the road for diesel cars?
End of the road for Diesels ? - Hamsafar
I was of the understanding that this Eoly alixia or whatever it is was a temporary measure to make a non-conforming engine conform to the stupid EU rules, and is now an obsolete technology, but I stand being corrected.
End of the road for Diesels ? - Altea Ego
Absolutely, it was a lash up on Pugs and Cits, and not copied anywhere else. It was to make those diesels immediatley Euro4 compliant (desirable for comany car drivers).

Pug and Cit (and all other makers) no longer use this system
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
End of the road for Diesels ? - machika
Do PSA still have particle filters that need replacing?

What system do they use if they don't use this fluid any longer?
End of the road for Diesels ? - cheddar
The additive system is more widely used.
End of the road for Diesels ? - Quinny100
Most manufacturers now have lifetime particle filters, although some manage to make their diesels EuIV compliant without using a PF, eg. the Ford's own 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 TDCi engines are all available as EuIV with no need for a PF.