Service Computer On Renault Scenic - Matt08
Is there a straightforward was of resetting the service computer on a 2004 Megane Scenic that is fairly easy. Its due its first service and after hearing the quote from Renault for what they do, will get it sorted elsewhere, but would like to know if this can be doen easily.

I have heard that there is a way by holding the trip button down on the speedo then turning the engine on - does this work on the Scenic!

Any help will be much appreciated from this first time poster!
Service Computer On Renault Scenic - Altea Ego
So you are having your first service done. I assume you are not doing the service yourself as you would be left with no warranty for the car.

If the garage who is doing your service does not know how to reset the service indicator are they fit to carry out the service?

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Service Computer On Renault Scenic - Matt08
Not doing the service myself, but looking for an independent garage/not main dealer to do it, as Renault want a lot for what I can see is an oil and filter change! But I was wondering just incase they forget to do it how I would go about doing it!
Service Computer On Renault Scenic - Dave N
So you are having your first service done. I assume you
are not doing the service yourself as you would be left
with no warranty for the car.

Not strictly true. The car only has to be serviced to the manufacturers specification, using OE parts or equivilant. There's no mention in the EU ruling that it can't be done by the owner, and the manufacturer can't dictate who carries out the service either.
Service Computer On Renault Scenic - BobbyG
Not disputing with you but when I questioned this with Renault when my Scenic needed serviced, they said it had to be a VAT registered garage.