Honda CRV Diesel - Tram1
I am thinking of buying a Honda CRV 2.2i-CTDi Sport. Most of the reviews of the diesel have been favorable however I have seen some owners comments about problems after a few thousand miles of the engine suddenly loosing power. Honda dealers seem unaware of this. Has anyone come across this problem.
Honda CRV Diesel - Dude - {P}
There have been reports of premature turbo failure with this 2.2 CTDi engine.

Having driven both the CRV & old model RAV 4, the handling on the Toyota is vastly superior, - if it was my money I would definitely check out the new RAV with the 175 bhp 2.2 diesel engine.!!!!
Honda CRV Diesel - MoneyMart
CR-V is much better than Rav-4 in pretty much every aspect!
------------
MoneyMart

Current car: 55-reg Audi A4 2.5 V6TDi Quattro flappy-paddle
Honda CRV Diesel - Robbie
I have the Accord diesel and it's fine. I was concerned at first about fuel consumption and oil use but that is all in the past. I have not used any oil since its last service - March 2005 - and I can now achieve 50mpg on runs.

The engine is quiet and powerful and never a qualm driving across France. I can recommend it.
Honda CRV Diesel - Quicksilver
My Accord 2.2 Diesel still uses some oil, 1 litre every 2500 miles. Fuel consumption varies from 42MPG to 50MPG depending on weather. My route does not vary much and speed is mostly 60 - 70.
Most economical in the summer. Runs best on Shell and Esso runs less well on BP, JET and Supermarket stuff.

Q
Honda CRV Diesel - Chad.R
CR-V is much better than Rav-4 in pretty much every aspect!

If comparing the "new" CRV vs "old" RAV4 - you're probably right. Other than the dynamics, the CRV is probably the better all-round car.

However, the new (06/07MY) RAV4 seems to be more than a match for the new CRV.

tinyurl.com/aeap4
Honda CRV Diesel - MoneyMart
CR-V is much better than Rav-4 in pretty much every
aspect!
If comparing the "new" CRV vs "old" RAV4 - you're probably
right. Other than the dynamics, the CRV is probably the better
all-round car.
However, the new (06/07MY) RAV4 seems to be more than a
match for the new CRV.
tinyurl.com/aeap4

...Until the all new CR-V is released at the end of this year! :-)

P.S. What on earth went wrong with the design of the dash on the new Rav? Looks like a massacre has taken place!
------------
MoneyMart

Current car: 55-reg Audi A4 2.5 V6TDi Quattro flappy-paddle