Monaco grand prix-travel - touristboy
Am thinking of going to the monaco grand prix this year, am travelling from newcastle.

What's the best way to get there, would preferto fly I think, what is the nearest airport?

Any advice on anyone who has gone before or knows more than me (not difficult) would be excellent and then I can set the wheels in motion!

Cheers

Paul
Monaco grand prix-travel - Collos25
Nice
Monaco grand prix-travel - stevied
Smashing.
Monaco grand prix-travel - Lud
It'll cost you.
As I have just found out, new travel would be more expensive around that date but the price hike is huge! hmmmm, going to have to look into this one...
Monaco grand prix-travel - barchettaman
www.whichbudget.com/ will help regarding budget airlines. Useful site to bookmark anyway.
easyJet fly newcastle-nice.
I looked at easyjet and as a comparison return early may £50ish, around the grand prix dates £150-£200. Going to have a look at more thanks for the link!
Monaco grand prix-travel - school boy
There is a travel company that does all the WRC events and take you on a tour of the area and take you to the beat places to see it. Their may be a simular thing for F1.
Monaco grand prix-travel - trymybest
Try Airtrack.co.uk,they spelialise in grand prix packages
I went to the Monza grand prix last season - quite a good laugh. Easily accessible from (Milan) Bergamo airport for the low cost carriers, or milan Linate with the scheduled ones.
Pretty tedious race though - only one overtaking manoeuvre at the entrance to the Parabolica, where we were, all afternoon.
Glad I went but I won´t go again.
PS take ear plugs.
Monaco grand prix-travel - Altea Ego
Drive down, Over the Millau Bridge, camp on the way.

Was going to Spa this year, Its off - Gutted!
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Monaco grand prix-travel - Round The Bend
Some years ago, I flew to Marseille and got a train to Monaco for the GP. Found that flights to Nice were booked fully up some time ahead and the Marseille option was not a bad alternative although not a fast trip. Go down a few days ahead and make a long weekend of it.
_______
IanS
Monaco grand prix-travel - romeo156
I have been to Monaco grand prix twice, both time used Motor Racing International.

They offer all types of tours including Day trip - which is too much hassel. Both times I have done the day trip, both times stuck at Nice airport trying to get a slot out. They quote in the brochure - back in Stanstead by 930 - 10 pm - never, both times very late back.