VW wins the day - martin glover
I have just taken posession of a 95 VW Passat CLTDI with 144 on clock. General good condition and FSH, only two previous owners. The great advice i have recieved from the Back Room has been no end of help and is essentialy why i now own the motor i do.

Thanks for all the messages and the general high level of mechanical and buyer adivce that has been offered. Particular thanks to David W, at his secret location, Marcus and John M.

Martin

p.s. If you want to know the price i paid then just ask, although it's not all
about money, or is it?
Re: VW wins the day( not next door) - Mark
Neighbours 2 month old Boro had a driver side footwell full of water this weekend. Shame, I was thinking of buying it in three years when he changed it (company car). Not the build quality one would expect. How much was that Passat?
Re: VW wins the day( not next door) - martin glover
ok, so money has a part to play.

owner was asking £2000 with 6 months tax and £50 worth of diesel. i paid £1400.....

Fingers cross X is stays ok!
Re: VW wins the day( not next door) - David W
Well done Martin. Hope you enjoy the new car.

Can we all relax now?

David
Re: VW wins the day( not next door) - martin glover
Steroids or Prozac, neither one in the end, but it's been a good project finding a motor...

cheers

martin
Re: VW wins the day( not next door) - John
My Seat Leon leaked water into the front footwell - and through the doors. The footwell leak was the last to be fixed - it was getting in round the pollen filter housing according to the dealer.

Seems to be OK now - after several days of heavy rain.

I expect the Bora is a similar design.
Re: VW wins the day( not next door) - Philip Davidson
Had to take my new VW Passat (SE TDI PD 1.9 130 5spd manual reg Jan 2002) back twice in the first two weeks; the first time because the drivers side headlight washer didn't retract (had to be repositioned) and the second time because a kink in the air-conditioning pipe had resulted in a pool of water in the passenger footwell.
Re: VW wins the day( not next door) - Philip Davidson
Sent a letter of complaint off to the Chief Executive as I also had the same problem (sodden passenger footwell) with my previous Passat (97 110 tdi).
Received a letter back immediately and VW have since telephoned me with the promise of money off my first service.