Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - mss1tw
Do you need to be trade in order to bulk buy oil?

Has anyone done this before? What are the savings versus shop bought stuff?

I'm after 5w/40 turbo diesel engine oil suitable for Pug HDi engine.
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Vansboy
As oil is a bit of a loss leader, as far as most retail outlets are concerned, there isn't a great saving to be had.

The better offers are Halfords, when they have their By One Get One Free offers, or own brands in Asda.

The Costco/Makro stores, sometimes tempt people, who have access to their stores.

& some B'roomers have replaced the Booze Cruise, with Mobil 1 Cruise, instead. The French offer it at better than UK prices, but double check the spec.

As far as I'm concerned, you won't beat Trade Club from Vauxhall. This is a scheme the local main dealer will let ANY mechanic/garage/repairer/trader join & lets them buy genuine parts, at an asdditional saving, compared to usual 'trade' discounts.

Where I mentioned loss leaders, the lubricant range, is ALWAYS Buy 3 Get 1 Free, so 10/40 semi synthetic is around £6 for 5litres, in a pack of 4. Long life synthetic £12 ish.

So best get friendly with your mechanic/local garage & ask them to join thre scheme (free) & buy you'rs through them!!

VB
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Bill Payer
Try www.opieoils.co.uk
If you click on Members section and register (just a couple of details required) you'll get access to the Members section which offers better prices and a wider variety of pack sizes.
Price inc VAT and delivery.

I have no connection with them other than being a satisfied customer - I ordered some Mercedes specific oil from them last Wednesday and it arrived on Thursday (and I'm hundreds of miles away from them).
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - trancer
Costco are running a sale from Feb 6th-Feb 12th on Chevron oil. 20 litre cans for £16.99+VAT for Diesel 10W-40 and £11.99+VAT for Multigrade 15W-40.

Each customer is only allowed 100 litres, but I imagine that is per visit, whats to stop you going back later that or the next day for some more.
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Aprilia
Try www.opieoils.co.uk
If you click on Members section and register (just a couple
of details required) you'll get access to the Members section which
offers better prices and a wider variety of pack sizes.
Price inc VAT and delivery.
I have no connection with them other than being a satisfied
customer - I ordered some Mercedes specific oil from them last
Wednesday and it arrived on Thursday (and I'm hundreds of miles
away from them).

Jees, those prices are high (even taking delivery into account). Looking at the Mobil 1 they even charge more for 1x4 litre can than 4x1 litre can! You could surely buy it a fair bit cheaper at a local factor.
I will echo previous comments about buying oil from GM dealers. Just go in an ask for 15% off their retail price for bulk 25l drum), they can only say no (will usually say yes).
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - bell boy
I will echo previous comments about buying oil from GM dealers. Just go in an ask for 15% off their retail price for bulk 25l drum), they can only say no (will usually say yes).

they sell it to me so they will sell to anyone, but as previously said just go for the 3 plus 1 free all in £21 ish

--
"a little man in a big world/"
Jees, those prices are high (even taking delivery into account).
Looking at the Mobil 1 they even charge more for 1x4
litre can than 4x1 litre can! You could surely buy
it a fair bit cheaper at a local factor.
I will echo previous comments about buying oil from GM dealers.
Just go in an ask for 15% off their retail
price for bulk 25l drum), they can only say no (will
usually say yes).

Yes, that does look dear. I bought the Motul MB 229.5 specific oil for £52 for 10L, which I thought was pretty good.
>> Jees, those prices are high (even taking delivery into account).
>> Looking at the Mobil 1 they even charge more for
1x4
>> litre can than 4x1 litre can! You could surely
buy
>> it a fair bit cheaper at a local factor.
>> I will echo previous comments about buying oil from GM
dealers.
>> Just go in an ask for 15% off their
retail
>> price for bulk 25l drum), they can only say no
(will
>> usually say yes).
>>
Yes, that does look dear. I bought the Motul MB
229.5 specific oil for £52 for 10L, which I thought was
pretty good.

Local factor has 229.5 (extended fill) for retail £26.99, so your price is good.
Local Halfords were recently doing Mobil 1 on a 4l+1l offer (i.e. 5l) for £40. £43+ for 4l is dear. Not heard of 'OPIE' before either, they seem to be factor based in the West Country. Selling oil by mail order seems an odd idea to me because its heavy stuff (in relation to its value) and there are normally lots of local suppliers selling the same product and competing for business. Its worth it for 'unusual' oil I guess.
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Dalglish
Not heard of 'OPIE' before either, they seem to be ...

>>

forum search will reveal that opie oils feature regularly on here.

also, i believe you will find that "simon" aka "oilman" is from opie oils.

Not heard of 'OPIE' before either, they seem to be factor
based in the West Country. Selling oil by mail order seems
an odd idea to me because its heavy stuff (in relation
to its value) and there are normally lots of local suppliers
selling the same product and competing for business. Its worth
it for 'unusual' oil I guess.

He/they post on here as Oilman. So if you register, you'd (I assume) get the discounted prices.

I thought it was odd buying remotely, but it worked fine and a carrier delivered the stuff next day. The fact that the prices inc delivery is good - if it was itemised out then it might put people off!
If you're in and out of motor factors all day, then it's not an issue, but even my nearest Halfords is an arduous 8 mile journey (each way) right across town.

I'm simply going to give the oil it to my MB dealer for the cars next service - they charge £12.95L (prob + VAT) for the same spec oil (and for all I know they could actually put any old rubbish in!).
>>
He/they post on here as Oilman. So if you register,
you'd (I assume) get the discounted prices.

Ah, it makes sense now! That's why he recommends those mega-expensive Fuchs/Motul PAO/Ester synthetics.
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Dynamic Dave
As far as I'm concerned, you won't beat Trade Club from Vauxhall.

Some details here of how you can "join":-

www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11604
Do Vauxhall do a 5w/40 suitable for an HDi Pug?
Forgot to say oil is changed every 6000 miles or thereabouts, service interval is 12,000.
The 3 spec they have are..

15/40 mineral SL/CF A3/B3
10/40 semi synthetic '' '' this is the one for you, I'd say
5/30 synthetic '' ''/B4 long drain service intervals

VB
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Harmattan
Echo the advice about Vauxhall GM dealers. I followed this route probably after reading about it on this forum. Local GM dealer in Banbury didn't have the bulk can but sold same quantity in 5 litre cans for the same price as bulk. Strangely enough the last of this semi-synth has just run out and I was telling my wife last night on the 'phone to get daughter's boyfriend to go into GM dealer for some more! Considerably cheaper than Halfords.
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Rover25
GM Oil is good stuff and as DD says can be got at competitive prices from local GM dealer. Autovaux also sell it at competitive prices and can be delivered with other service parts for a flat delivery fee or around £5 per consignment. (I've no connection with Autovaux- but am a satisfied customer).
My local GM parts dept deliver oil free to me. They just put it on the parts van and drop it off when in the area.
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - quizman
Do you know which oil company makes GM oil?
Guess would be Comma. They do plenty of own label products.

VB
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Hamsafar
Not sure who makes GM oil, but here some some facts:
The GM oil is made in Belgium.
I looked at who made oil in Belgium, could only find TotalElfFina.
GM Workshop oil is Shell Helix G.
The oil Delphi sells is in identical bottles with similar labels.
A motor factors around here once bought LOTS of the oil from the dealer and some were labelled Delphi.
Bulk Buy Oil - Clarification Wanted - Dynamic Dave
Do you know which oil company makes GM oil?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=32368&...e