Insurance Renewal Confusion - AngryJonny
Well it's that time of the year again, and as expected my renewal is a little on the high side so I've been getting other quotes. Aside from the AA who quoted something that resembled my phone number, every other insurer has beaten my renewal quote. But the best, by far, is from Diamond "Created for Women". I am not a woman. What's going on?

------
AngryJonny (was E34kid)
Insurance Renewal Confusion - Falkirk Bairn
Diamond is part of Admiral / Bell (seen the back of motor magazines) So try them and then you will not need to pretend you have changed sex.
Well... Diamond are well aware that I'm a bloke. I guess they can't refuse to insure me simply because of my gender.

However, Admiral have come back with an even better quote - 220 quid better than my renewal, and 80 quid better than Diamond. So thanks!

I wonder what the catch is.
------
AngryJonny (was E34kid)
Insurance Renewal Confusion - bell boy
you probably got a good quote of "admiral" because they gave it a "fleeting glance"
Insurance Renewal Confusion - smokie
"What's going on?"

They've done a risk assessment then...and in their view the male of the species is more risky than the female...
They've done a risk assessment then...and in their view the male
of the species is more risky than the female...

Well that's the thing. Until Falkirk Bairn suggested Admiral, Diamond had given me the cheapest of my (10 or so) quotes by some margin.

Despite claiming that women make safer drivers and all that, they still seem to rate me (a bloke) as less of a risk than the other companies do.

------
AngryJonny (was E34kid)
Insurance Renewal Confusion - Mondaywoe
Have you tried tesco.com? They are usually pretty competitive.

Graeme
Insurance Renewal Confusion - pug_leeds
RAC gave easily the best quote for me for renewal in January.
Insurance Renewal Confusion - Yoby
Just check on the Admiral quote if it for a year or 10 months - I got excited by a cheap quote until I discoverd that it was 2 months short!
Y
Insurance Renewal Confusion - JamesH
It's just a branding exercise, each Admiral group company (Admiral/Elephant/Diamond/Confused) using their silly white background TV adverts to appeal to different people to get more sales overall.

Much the same as PSA selling both the C1 and 107 to appeal to different people but ultimately they're the same product.

I did once try Diamond a few years ago but right at the end it said it wouldn't give me a quote as I'm male! Maybe some sexual equality group forced them to change it.
Insurance Renewal Confusion - deepwith
Diamond would not give my daughter a quote a few years ago as she was too honest - she said she was on her gap year, did a little part time work for the council and did some babysitting. That counts as three jobs and they won't insure you with three jobs!

Have you tried esure and tesco ? Have the main car with esure very cheaply and the micra for self + 18 year for under £800.