Part exing an import - pikeman
I am part exchanging an import. The topic didn't arise in the transaction and I didn't get chance to mention it, do I need to provide this information to the dealer ?
Part exing an import - dereckr
I suspect that any car dealer who "knows his stuff" will have taken this into account when viewing the car. If he didn't ask... I wouldn't worry.
Part exing an import - smokie
I knew I'd seen this asked before

tinyurl.com/bl9a8

The Forum Search is on the right hand side of the screen, there may be other threads...

smokie, BR Moderator
Part exing an import - pikeman
Thank you both, and for searching out a very pertinent previous forum discussion. I had tried searching but this unfortunately didn't come up.

Guess the answer depends where you morally stand. I haven't been asked and until I am it isn't important. And if it is asked it shouldn't be an issue anyway. Thanks.
Part exing an import - martint123
"Would he have told me if I didn't ask" is the thought that comes to mind
Part exing an import - Armitage Shanks {p}
If it is established, by whatever means, then there is a high probablity that the P/ex value will be reduced. This is despite the fact that most cars sold in UK today are "Imports" in that they are built abroad. It just a dealer's way of being spiteful to you because he knows, or can guess, what you paid for it. A certain car in a certain condition and age should be worth a fixed amount +/- a bit, regardless of what you paid for it but it doesn't actually work that way!
Part exing an import - bell boy
cant understand Armitage Shanks post, but basically it is up to the trader/dealer to get the crack right, if he doesnt ask the right questions and you havent lied then i say tough, if you are happy with the deal keep stum and deal.
Part exing an import - Perturbed
I started the other thread when I p/ex'd my import. The dealer will find out soon enough if he does an HPI on the car. Expect him to come back with a ridiculous change to your "agreed deal" He started by sying he had to reduce the value of my trade in by about £1200 if I remember correctly. Ended at agreeing £150 reduction after I gave him a hard time, which really annoyed me given the car was full UK spec with all certificates. Stick to your guns and don't drop. He certainly won't be making the punter buying yours aware that the car is an import and he'll be asking the going rate for it