Milage reset on New Fiat Punto Active. - Quicksilver
I have question on a new Fiat Punto Active 1.2, 8 valve? New in October 2005.

I was programming the radio channels, (buttons are way too small on this radio) and at the same time was resetting the multifunction readout, (MPG, trip etc.). Somehow I managed to reset the milometer to zero! This was a big surprise to me and the owner. I thought this type of thing was only possible with a computer interface and the correct software?

I believe I was able to reset it to zero by holding the multifunction button in and then turning on the ignition and holding for 20 seconds, (like VW and Renault service monitor systems).

Does anybody else have any other experience of this? Can anybody reproduce? Looks like a great easy way of clocking a car as NO tools were used!!

Thanks, Quicksilver.
Milage reset on New Fiat Punto Active. - Adam {P}
So the tripometer AND the odometer both read 0 now?
Yes! The trip was expected but not the odometer!!
I've just had an idea. How many (or should I say few) miles has it got on it? If we're talking less than 100, I think you can do this once. The reason being that dealers do it on cars with delivery mileage only to make them look newer than they are.

I think.

I'll bet you can't do it again.
Had done about 80 miles. I do not think the owner would like me to try again, (but I might).

It is possible that the 100 mile limit could apply. I guess we will never know unless I try again?
I can almost guarantee you that you won't be able to do it again. It was on this very forum that I read it a while ago.

That's the only explanation I can think of. If you have doubts, you may as well do it now whilst the "new" mileage is minimal!

Go on...try it.
Not possible to get access to the car for about 3 weeks. It had done about 500 miles now. Probably less than 1000 before I see it again, but I will try and let you know.

Q
Milage reset on New Fiat Punto Active. - Armitage Shanks {p}
I had an Alfa Spider on which it was possible to reset the mileage once, if done with a certain sequence of button pressing and before it had reached recorded 200 miles.