Price paid for Mondeo - Graz
Hi,

I have a deposit down for a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Ghia with added electric sunroof and hands free phone attached. Buying from a Ford dealership who check the car and just serviced it. Registered April 2004 and has 38k on the clock. Looking to pay £9,200 for it, do you think this is fair value?, car has Full Ford Service History and is in excellent condition.

Equivalent spec new for latest model would be £20,050.

Do you any of you know how many miles you can get away with in a modern diesel engine nowadays before trouble sets in assuming the car is regularly service by ford.

Thoughts appreciated.

Hi sorry forgot to add, its a 4 - door saloon with 6 speed and TDCI (130)

Thanks

Graz
Price paid for Mondeo - cheddar
Sounds like a good price to me, I have had my 2002 Ghia X TDCi 130 from new, now 101k miles drives pretty much as new, mine had the sun roof as std, a very worth while extra.
I`m just terribly indecisive when it comes to any large expenditure (car and houses, sounds good at the time then you start looking elsewhere and making comparisons), I must admit the diesels are great! I also test drove an Audi A3 diesel and prefer the mondeo, esp the performance between 30 and 70mph. I tried a 1.8 petrol mondeo and the performance was poor.

Audi were aksing 17k for a 1 year old A3! doesnt compare with that price tag.

Ta Graz
Price paid for Mondeo - Robert J.
Very nice cars, I think you should be fine. A mate of mine has had three, one of each series, and each one has done over 100,000 without any major problem and he has been well pleased with them all.
Price paid for Mondeo - BobbyG
Think you may find a lot of supporters on this forum for your choice of car...
Price paid for Mondeo - Aprilia
Just remember that very very few, if any, were ever sold at the 'list price' of £20,050.
Price paid for Mondeo - Imagos
Not worth buying a Ghia X for them little pieces of extra kit?
Whats the list price for this car at 38k miles from one of car price guides, anyone have one to hand?

Mondeo 04 4dr Saloon GHIA X 130 TDCI 38kmiles.

Ta G
Price paid for Mondeo - jc
You'll find "Parkers" on the net.
Price paid for Mondeo - DavidHM
It's a saloon, so worth less than a hatchback, but apart from one private sale at £9k there is nothing for less than £9,500 at sub 40k on the Trader. (I've been looking on the Trader because Parkers will probably assume sub-20k miles).

There is a very cheap 43k Ghia from a Ford main dealer for £8,495 - www.jbrakeandson.co.uk/ but after that you're over £9,500 so I'd say the price you're paying is fine. If it's a Ghia X it's cheap.

There is no such thing as list price for any used car - if you mean book price I would say your price is about right because of the high (ish) mileage and the fact that it's a saloon. Although booted Mondeos don't lose as much compared to hatchbacks as Focus saloons do, I'd still knock £300 off for that.
Price paid for Mondeo - bikemade3
It's a saloon, so worth less than a hatchback, but apart
from one private sale at £9k there is nothing for less
than £9,500 at sub 40k on the Trader. (I've been
looking on the Trader because Parkers will probably assume sub-20k miles).
There is a very cheap 43k Ghia from a Ford main
dealer for £8,495 - www.jbrakeandson.co.uk/ but after that you're over £9,500
so I'd say the price you're paying is fine. If
it's a Ghia X it's cheap.

That's my local dealer, not only are they very good, they are also very competative when it comes to pricing their cars.
Price paid for Mondeo - googolplex
I'd look out for the X. I've got the Ghia (estate) and ended up mildly disappointed there weren't many more extras on top of zetec. I wish I paid the extra £1500 for top spec, in retrospect (I purchased new from trade sales 3 years ago). Great car, though, fine engine and everything else I would have wanted from a car excepting this one regret.
Splodgeface