price changes, place for good advice - Bellman
I tried to send this mail last night but as a first-time poster I think I fouled it up as it never appeared.

There was a recent post about car prices going up 'on the quiet'. I found a good source of advice when we recently placed our order for a VW Passat TDCi. We used an online broker and their website contained really good buying tips which I've not seen bettered elsewhere - they are on the ball when it comes to knowing which manufacturer's were about to alter pricing (eg they told me VW had a price increase on 1st Jan and Renault 4th Jan). Maybe they've got an "inside line" into the car pricing gods.
I don't usually recommend anything but am doing this time as they were very clued up and, unlike some of the other internet floggers we tried, they were bang up to date on everything and they weren't advertising old registered stock as "new" like some of them do. They are at www.dealdrivers.co.uk . Hope I've got that bit right. The VW dealer they put me onto is good too. Fingers crossed it arrives in March.

price changes, place for good advice - lordy
Without wishing to be cynical, you're not related to them in some way are you? Anyone else had dealings with them?
--
let me be the last to let you down....
price changes, place for good advice - Geordie1
I gave them a try this morning and they could only get me £40 off a new Chrysler. They had no knowledge of the model I was interested in. I have lost count of the internet dealers I have contacted without any confidence being instilled. Think I will just do the usual 'three rounds' with the dealerships in the usual haggle debacle.
price changes, place for good advice - Bellman
Glad to see the mail got through this time.
and to answer the question that's been posted, no I'm not. I look at this 'john' site regularly as there's usually some interesting stuff on it for anyone about to buy a car but have never posted anything on here before. I was just impressed with this brokers inside knowledge on the brands I needed to ask about. If they had'nt told me about the Passat price increase on 1st Jan' in time I'd have ended up with about another £300 cost for my car order. I live in Cheshire and I think the broker is down south somewhere (racking my brains on this but I think they are in Oxfordshire/Bucks or or something like that). Their paperwork is at home and I'm at work so I can't check.
price changes, place for good advice - Hugo {P}
If you "do the rounds" with the internet dealers then take the prices back to your main dealer, you'll may be pleasently surprised with the result. Even if you can get say within a few £ of the best price.

If it's a good main dealer, you'll be even more delighted.