Poor brakes on my 306td - scfc_151
I recently renewed all of my brake components on my 306td front discs and pads and rear shoes and drums, i also renewed and bled the brake fluid but my brakes still aren't brilliant. im wondering if there is anything else i can do to improve them?

Also what is the best way of increasing MPG on turbo diesels? Is anyone using biodiesel these days?

thanks everyone
Poor brakes on my 306td - Xileno {P}
Assuming you have not introduced any air, then I would give the components a while to bed in. When I replaced disks and pads on my VW, the brakes would be very poor for a while. They were never brilliant anyway.

Increasing MPG. Some people say certain brands of diesel help a few MPG but I'm not convinced. Certainly in my car (Megane dCi) I've not noticed any difference. Best way to increase economy is to ease off on the pedal and make sure it's fully serviced with a new air filter etc.
Poor brakes on my 306td - scfc_151
thanks for the reply ive heard a bit about millers diesel power plus i wondered if anyone used this? i service my car every 6k with all new filters. im planning on keeping the car for a while as it drives brilliantly so anyway i can make it better is appreciated.
Poor brakes on my 306td - bell boy
cheap (budget not copies) brake pads/shoes seem to take longer to bed in rather than known makes(just a suggestion not aimed at you scfc_151 specifically)