Seat Belt Extender - kennybase
Hi everyone,

We're in the process of getting a baby car seat for our new arrival in March. However, I have tried a few out, and they all are a tight fit for the seat belt to go round the back (if the seat is to be put in the back where we would like it to go).

Do any of the BRs know of anything that we can buy to extend the seatbelt just a little bit?

I have done a quick search on google and ebay but nothing has come up from what I can see.

Thanks in advance.
Seat Belt Extender - Robble
Hi

I have seen seatbelt extender things in the states, but I've no idea where you can get them over here.

Rob

Seat Belt Extender - Jono_99
You could try these people - they were recommended on a 968 forum I am a member of, but I have no idea if they are still in business...

Jono

Quickfit Safety belt service Ltd - Seatbelt, harness & automatic fire extinguisher manufacturers

Inertia House,
Lowther Road,
Stanmore,
MIDDX,
HA7 1EP,
Great Britain,
Tel: 00 44 (0) 208 206 0101
Fax: 00 44 (0) 208 206 0599
Email: ben@quickfitsbs.co.uk

Seat Belt Extender - mare
Quickfit Safety belt service Ltd -

Inertia House,

Had to be didn't it?
Seat Belt Extender - henry k
Google with " seat belt extender" ?
Tried that but all it comes up with is lists of american places that say you should use one - but that the manufacturers don't recommend them!

I shall try contacting those other people though - thanks :)
Contacted them and they refuse to sell me the extender due to it being dangerous, but they have offered to extend the webbing for a price of £46. Not sure if I will do that - have to see what other options are. Thanks for the info.

Ben
Seat Belt Extender - defender
one way to do this is to get a front seat belt socket with the long floor mounting from a breaker and bolt it on with your original seat belt mounting in the rear
a bit of common sense would tell you if if was a safe fit but if it was from the same make/model the belt fittings should be the same .I left the original socket on as well and just pushed the one not used under the seat back out of the way
Seat Belt Extender - henry k
Tried that but all it comes up with is lists of
american places that say you should use one - but that
the manufacturers don't recommend them!
I shall try contacting those other people though - thanks :)

>>
I am a little confused about what you are looking for.
Google gives
www.securon.co.uk/fitting/extras/seat_belts_extend...m

tinyurl.com/c58zo

Seat Belt Extender - Dynamic Dave
>>Google with " seat belt extender" ?

>>
Tried that but all it comes up with is lists of american places ....

Is that with a search of "the web", or just "pages from the UK" radio button ticked?

I've just done a "pages from the UK" search and several uk companies came up.