ford focus windscreen washer pump - gadgee
Anyone have problems with their Focus screen washer pump freezing up recently? Where I live we had a temperature of minus 7C.I had never had this problem with other cars I have owned. The pump on a Focus is inside the bottom of the near side wing so it receives no heat from the engine. The moral is to use neat screen wash fluid during cold spells. I thought that the pump had burnt out because it would not even make a noise. However the ice was in the impellor and it would not turn, so be warned. Check the pump before buying a new one!
ford focus windscreen washer pump - bell boy
the only problem on my vehicles was the nozzles on the bonnet froze,you can buy deconcentrated screen wash that you just pour into your bottle any decent car shop will stock it and it wont contain corrosive salt either.
ford focus windscreen washer pump - waj
Cheers for the info,i had the same problem yesterday,thought i had ran dry so topped up tried the pump,nothing,no noise at all i thought the pump had gone.
had a look on the website and saw your thread,added some warm water to the bottle and the pump was good as new.quickest fix so far.Thanks again