clarion car radio - deggers
i have bought a used 2001 hyudai accent which has a clarion car radio model
rab2671r i have no code for this radio and the previous owner (1) when i contacted him niether had any info on this
if i were to remove the battery for some reason i presume it would not work after reinstalling the battery
i heard there was a way round this by putting a pp9 battery connected to a cigarette lighter plug or across the battery terminals before disconnecting them to keep the radio code on
any advice please,thankyou
deggers
clarion car radio - Dynamic Dave
Yes, the radio will ask for a code once you've reconnected the battery.

I would advise against connecting a 9 volt battery into the cigarette lighter or across the batt terminals. For starters, the car electrical system is 12 volts, and more importantly there's a risk that the 9 volt battery could explode.
clarion car radio - Civic8
If you have a half decent spare battery,connect to bat terminals as you would to jump start,beware though its not the best way to save radio code alarm settings..as the terminals may not connect correctly whilst moving original terminals.its dangerous as well...I would advise trying to get the radio recoded and may be as cheap to buy a new radio
9 volt battery is a no no
--
Steve
clarion car radio - Dynamic Dave
However, by googling, Draper do a product that does plug into the cigarette lighter that is supposed to save radio codes and clock settings.

snipurl.com/l59i

Although the product I found is on ebay (I only used that as an example), have a shop around your local car accessory shop. They may have one in stock.

Note however, that this product will only work if your cigarette lighter is permanently wired. If it only works when the ignition is on, it won't save your code for you.

clarion car radio - AR-CoolC
In my radio fitting days, I only ever fitted a few Clarions, but AFAIR they had no codes in them.

I was a fair few years ago now mind.