Astra 2001 exhaust manifold - leighv
My 2001 convertible developed a strange noise that turned out to be a crack in the exhaust manifold. Took it to the dealer and they quoted over 700 quid for the part plus labour as this is the only model that has the cat attached to the manifold.

After talking with another dealer - this was explained as being a "known problem" with all Astras and some other models and something the Vauxhall knows about. Myself, even without this comment, I find it strange that after 40K miles the manifold has a crack in it.

Any comments? Any ideas of what I can do. 700 quid is a lot of money.... Thanks.
Astra 2001 exhaust manifold - bell boy
i understood that the reason they were £700 was because they had the egr valve built into them? the price seens right from what ive read and yes it does seem to be a common problem,if yours is needing changing because of a crack cannot it be cold stitch welded?The only other possible way forward is has a late model car breaker got any of these?and it may also be a lot cheaper to purchase a new one from an opel factory dealer in germany?
Astra 2001 exhaust manifold - Ruperts Trooper
Which engine is involved here?