Punto Juddering. - Fus1on
Hi,
I have a Fiat Punto 55s [1997] which i have been driving for about 6 months, about 2 months ago i started getting a problem pulling off first thing in the morning. I have no problem starting the car only moving. When i pull off the car moves but it feels as there is no power, its holding back, then after a few seconds (or longer lately) it will pick back up, power comes back and im gone as foot at this point is flat on the floor.

It seems to make no difference if i rev harder or softer or if i depress the clutch or anything like that. Its been suggested that i try starting the car with the accelorator depressed or the clutch depressed, neither of these make any difference.

When i have been driving long enough for the engine to warm up its fine then when i do restart the car, although lately even when hot its been missing slightly.

Any ideas what the cause is?? By the way im not very technical with cars.

Thanks in advance.
Punto Juddering. - Hamsafar
Does it feel like a car with a choke that is pushed-in while the engine is still cold? I would put money on it being the Lambda probe (O2 sensor), you should be able to get it replaced for £50-70. Very common on this engine.
Punto Juddering. - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Likely a plugs and leads problem. We have had a lot of problems with coil packs. Lambda probe is a possibility but would tend to manifest itself after a few minutes of running rather than from initial start-up. Injectors are also a known weak point.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
I cant say if its like a choke bein on as this is the only car ive driven.

The only way i can think to describe it is.... it feels like the car is tied to something, when i pull off it stretches the rope, then the rope snaps........but this happens quite a few times for the first 10 mins of driving. Sounds silly i know... but thats wot it feels like.
Punto Juddering. - Hamsafar
We had one that did this, it was the Lambda probe, I too thought it would be ignored when cold, but it must have done something. Of course yours could be something different.
Punto Juddering. - Civic8
Dont know the car but sounds like coil to me,ie as it dries out.Just a thought
--
Steve
Hi again thanks for the suggestions, another thing ive just realised and has worked until today(when it rained) is that if i start the car then turn it straight off and restart it i dont tend to get the problem. Dont know if that helps....

thanks again.