VW Sharan Noise - mikeyb
Hello all,

I have just aquired a VW Sharan for the other half. The car is a pre reg, but a member of staff at the garage had been using it as his company car so it had 1800 miles on when we got it.

I have noticed a few times that when I stop and get the kids out you can hear a noise from the lower rear of the car. It sounds like the fuel pump when you first turn on the ignition, but this is whn you have stipped. It lasts for about 2 - 3 mins and then just stops. No adverse effects so I am not worried, just wondered if anybody knew what it was.

thanks
VW Sharan Noise - Altea Ego
If its the diesel its probably the webasto water/fuel heater, - makes it warm up faster, only works when its cold outside. The heater/pump runs on a bit after the car is turned off.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
VW Sharan Noise - none
We've got a few Sharans on the hire fleet I work on. They all do this. The local dealer did tell me what it was - but I've forgotten !!!
VW Sharan Noise - JohnM{P}
Last year, less than a mile from the dealer, I stopped in a courtesy TDi Touran at traffic lights and realised there were clouds of white smoke coming from underneath. A quick 100 yd diversion off of the main road, stopped again then realised so had the smoke. On taking the car back, I was told this was feature of Sharans also, the aux. heater being the culprit, and that it was not a problem. Be warned, don't be alarmed...
VW Sharan Noise - Roly93
Last year, less than a mile from the dealer, I stopped
in a courtesy TDi Touran at traffic lights and realised there
were clouds of white smoke coming from underneath. A quick 100
yd diversion off of the main road, stopped again then realised
so had the smoke. On taking the car back, I was
told this was feature of Sharans also, the aux. heater being
the culprit, and that it was not a problem. Be warned,
don't be alarmed...

>>
There was a recall on Tourans for this very reason I think, ie excessive fumes from the Aux heater.
VW Sharan Noise - PhilDS
I have an Alhambra and get the same noise if I do a very short cold start trip or if the rear cabin heater has been running. When I asked the dealer he said it was a cooling fan and nothing to worry about. Does yours have the auxiliary heater with a control panel above the rear view mirror or standard aircon/climate?
VW Sharan Noise - mikeyb
I have an Alhambra and get the same noise if I
do a very short cold start trip or if the rear
cabin heater has been running. When I asked the dealer he
said it was a cooling fan and nothing to worry about.
Does yours have the auxiliary heater with a control panel above
the rear view mirror or standard aircon/climate?

It just has the standard air con, although it does have a seperate set of controls for heating teh rear cabin
VW Sharan Noise - PhilDS
Same as mine then so all should be well.
VW Sharan Noise - mikeyb
Thanks all for your help - saved me a trip back to the garage!