New MOT certificate - mare
My Almera passed its MOT yesterday, and i collected it today. The certificate is the new style A4 thingy (which looks quite easy to copy), and it has a peel off sticker in the bottom left hand corner.

Wassat for then? Is this a remarkable bit of common sense? Can i remove sticker and stick to my windscreen so i know when MOT is due?
New MOT certificate - blue_haddock
Can i remove sticker and stick to my windscreen so i
know when MOT is due?

Yes!
Cor, they think of everything don't they?
New MOT certificate - Stuartli
>Cor, they think of everything don't they?>>

Not really. There's very little new under the sun...:-)

The tester used to stick a small blue label in the top left hand side of the windscreen, which indicated to those that should know that the MOT was current and when it was due for retest.

I didn't get one last year so presumably the idea was dropped as the computerised version was on the horizon.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
New MOT certificate - Cliff Pope
Why do they always assume one would want to stick a reminder on the windscreen?
I put reminders about things in my diary or on the calendar on the kitchen wall - I don't plaster the windscreen with little notelets reminding me about dental appointments, bills due, or people's birthdays.
Why do they always assume one would want to stick a
reminder on the windscreen?
I put reminders about things in my diary or on the
calendar on the kitchen wall - I don't plaster the windscreen
with little notelets reminding me about dental appointments, bills due, or
people's birthdays.

As it happens, it's in my phone.

Not the sticker!
New MOT certificate - sierraman
I stuck my sticker to the back of the door to my 'tool store',where the coal used to go.After a few days it fell off.With my MOT,and tax,due at the end of the year I am unlikely to forget anyway.
New MOT certificate - mike hannon
In France the Controle Technique (MOT) expiry date sticker goes inside the windscreen, together with an insurance sticker so everyone (including gendarmes) can see at a glance that the vehicle is legal. There's no road tax so just two little stickers don't take up much room. Seems so simple really...
New MOT certificate - Cliff Pope
Apparently the legal position for our blue sticker is at the top of the screen - at least that is where the tester put the last one I received. Pity the top 3" of the screen has a sun-glare tint - it means the sticker is invisible from the outside.