Anyone here have a Megane CC? - andy76
Possibly looking at a used Megane CC - about 7 months old.
Interested in any owners views etc.
Probably be the 1.6 engine in Dynamique trim. Not the fastest engine admittedly but seemed OK in the 3dr hatch I had.

How is the roof? Easy to use? Any leak issues? Heat problems in the summer etc?
Any other comments on ownership?

Thanks
Andrew
Anyone here have a Megane CC? - Peter S
My partner has had one for the last year or so. It's only done 7K miles in that time, but no faults to report, and still rattle free (more than can be said for my 4 week old 5 series...) Ours is a 1.6 in Privilege trim, which replaced a 1.6 Hatch (again, fault free over the 18 months or so we had it).

The CC is significantly heavier than the hatch, so the performance is somewhat tame, especially at low revs. It does not feel as nippy as the hatch with the same engine, so I'd recommend a test drive to see if you can live with the perfomance. It's definitely more of a cruiser than a press on kind of car, though it goes well when you wind it up. Be aware also that the car does feel less rigid with the roof down - potholes will send quite a shudder through the car!

No issues with leaks, rattles or heat build-up, and the huge glass area makes the car feel very light and airy, even with the roof up. The roof is very easy to use, but it does take a big chunk of the boot space when folded. At high speeds (on a private test track of course...) there is some wind noise from the roof, which makes it noisier than the hatch. Also, the rear seat leg room is almost non existent.

FWIW, I'd look for a car with the luxury pack if possible, which comes with full leather, 17" wheels and a few other bits and pieces.

Hope this helps

Regards

Peter
Anyone here have a Megane CC? - DavidHM
Are you sure you can get a used one for siginficantly less than a new one through a broker?

Brokers are knocking these out at £14k or so for a UK car and £13,395 for an import (probably an import anyway). There don't seem to be any used examples for that kind of money so haggle hard if you're going down the used car route.
DavidHM makes a very good point, as ours came via a broker (made to order and delivered through a main Renault Dealer) for a significant discount. Stock cars may be even cheaper, and supermarkets also sometime have them. Definitely worth shopping around.

Also, on the engine front, the dCI engine is probably the best all round option if you use it as a main car, unless you can find one of the new 2.0 LPT engines, since the NA 2 litre is not much quicker and far thirstier than the 1.6. Not much more powerful either - 115 vs 130 PS IIRC. Having said that, we're happy enough with the 1.6, and the other engine options are considerably more expensive!

Peter
Anyone here have a Megane CC? - Xileno {P}
Not sure about the 17'' wheels though. I have them on my Megane, they make the ride a bit harsh on bad roads.
True, though our hatch had them too so we're probably used to it! The reason we specc'ed them though was purely on practical grounds; the standard 16" Privilege wheels looked like being a nightmare to clean! Also, the rear quarter panels/wings on the CC are quite deep, so IMO the car looks a little 'under wheeled' with the 16" option

Regards

Peter
Anyone here have a Megane CC? - Stuartli
>>(probably an import anyway)>>

Thought they were all imports...:-)

But the Renault Megane CC is a real eyecatcher...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Thanks for the comments - especially to Peter S.
Agree the 1.9Dci is a great engine but price is important. On that note I admit a new car from a broker may be cheaper on paper, but I also know my local Renault dealer 'very' well and they would give an extremely attractive part exchange price so it is probably swings and roundabouts.
Perhaps oddly too, I prefer a slightly used car as I don't do massive miles so a car with 3 or 4k miles is an advantage to me as it has been run in etc.

Good to see that so far there are no negative comments on the car itself.
I had the 17" wheels on my hatch and there was a noticeable difference when I drove a standard one with the 16" ones but nothing is likely to be as harsh as my Clio 172 Cup anyway! lol.
No worries. Worth mentioning also (whilst we on the subject of wheels) that you don't get a spare in the CC, just tyre inflation foam. The car does come with a jack and wheelbrace however, and for around £80 our dealer supplied a steel wheel and 'budget' tyre, which we wanted as we sometimes take the car over to France. There is a spare wheel well in the car, but it is filled with the foam block holding the tye inflation foam and tools, and is covered by an indented piece of carpet to increase the size of the luggage space. Only makes a difference with the roof down; with it up the boot space is huge, around 500 litres I think.

However, we weren't confident of finding a replacement tyre quickly on a bank holiday weekend un France, in the event of having a blow out on the autoroute... Of course, the chances of getting a puncture are low, but you-know-who's law probably applies if you don't have a spare in the first case!!

Regards

Peter
Yes, this seems to be an annoying trend with many cars.
My current car, Clio 172 Cup lacks a spare wheel too, though I guess as it is a stripped down and supposedly lightweight version there is a genuine reason.

My Smarts I had also lacked spares though I did what you have done with them and just bought a spare steel and tyre. Fitted neatly behind the passenger seat.

Andrew