Ugly car day - JH
Shortly after going out yesterday afternoon I saw a new shape RR approaching. Yeuk! I'd like to be able to afford one but I'd never buy one. it's like a vertical slab of stainless steel coming at you.

Later on, and after dark fortunately, this was surpassed by what must be the ugliest car on the road - a white, stretch Hummer. Blah!

Now some of you may be lusting after a RR, some of you may want a ride in a stretch Hummer. Please don't take offence, it would never do for us all to be the same, but a 1976 Datsun Coupe suddenly looks so much better!

What's your nomination for the ugliest new car on the road today?

John

Ugly car day - JohnX
Without doubt the new Seat Toledo.
Yuckkk!
Ugly car day - mike hannon
D*mn, you beat me to it, JH!
There can be no uglier car than the Phantom. But then, the ultra rich seem to lose their sense of taste in proportion to the amount of money they command - have you seen some of the interior colour schemes in 'their sort of cars'?
I looked at a Bentley Continental R back along (honestly!) that was a very nice shade of 'Queen Mother' (Gawd bless her memory) dark red on the outside and an amazing two-tone red and magnolia inside. Looked like an ice cream van inside out...
Ugly car day - bedfordrl
Fiat Multipla, the kids fall about laughing at that one.
Funnily some of the cars i hated when i was a kid i quite like now, such as Citroen Safari/DS and 2cv and i get all dewy eyed and nostalgic over Reliant Regals and Austin Allegros.
Next stop the funny farm methinks.
Ugly car day - mfarrow
The ugliest thing I saw today was the 2006 Fiesta in a showroom. What is it with those knobbly bits on the front headlamp units for the sidelights? Hate it hate it hate it!

--------------
Mike Farrow
Ugly car day - Sofa Spud
Nissan Micra - BMW 1-series - Seat Altea - Porsche Cayenne - Ford Ka - Morgan Aero 8.....?

It has to be the Morgan Aero 8, I think!

Cheers, Sofa Spud
Ugly car day - cyb
Saw one of those Porsche 4x4, almost skidding off a bridge it was that disturbing.
Ugly car day - cyb
The Alteada isn't that bad, looks better than the Porche Cayenne and that sick looking Multipla.
Ugly car day - mss1tw
As with OP, those slab sided Range Rovers...horrible.
Ugly car day - Xileno {P}
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Nissan Primera.
Ugly car day - Devonboy78
My vote goes to the Ssangyong Rodius, never seen one in the metal but looks hideous from every pic I have seen.
DB
Ugly car day - Armitage Shanks {p}
I am with Devonboy on this one! The Rodius is ugly beyond belief. I would be fascinated to find out how many they sell in 12 months and what the depreciation is - I'd guess value down to 40% after 3 years.
Ugly car day - Pete M
Can I put a vote in for the Chrysler 300? Styled by the same team that brought you the Matchbox "Hot Wheels" cars. Urrk! I agree with the comments about RR too. A mix of round and square lights, odd shapes, slab sides. While I'm on the subject, most of the Korean design teams don't seem to be able to create anything integrated. Most of their cars have bits of all odd styling slapped here and there without any thought to the look of the whole thing. There are slight signs of improvement, but still a long way to go.
Ugly car day - AlastairW
IMO Koreans style their cars by committee. Unfortunately the committee meets rarely and they never read the minute of the previous meeting!
Ugly car day - Woody
Agree with Range Rover - looks like a Metro Cab. I think the Porsche Cayenne is a real grower. Now its VW Tourag sister - now that is ugly.

The ugliest feature on any car is that little hump on the roof at the back of BMW 3 and 5 Series saloons/coupes.

Seat Ibiza ugly as well with that silly puppy dog snout on it.

All Alfas with that ridiculous side mounted number plate destroying the symetry. Ug, ug, ug.

The Vectra, yeuch. Citroen C5 has a 'face lift' and looks worse still with that ugly grill.

I could go on..........

Ugly car day - Pugugly {P}

The ugliest feature on any car is that little hump on the roof at the back of BMW 3 and 5 Series saloons/coupes.

At least you can't see t from the driver's seat.
Ugly car day - Geordie1
Pete M...Have a good long look at a Chrysler 300C in the metal then have a test drive and when you equate what you get for what you pay it has to be some bargain especially in CRD spec with the Merc diesel. As for looks, can't you see shades of a Bentley and perhaps a touch of Rover P5?

Different?...Yes. Ugly?... What is that?

Ugly car day - BladeRunner
My vote goes to the Ssangyong Rodius, never seen one in
the metal but looks hideous from every pic I have seen.
DB

My vote too, I saw it in the flesh the other day and it's even worse

for those that havent seen it at all.......

www.autocity.com/pruebas/SsangYong/Rodius/270-XDi/...g

I'm convinced there must be an ugly car competition that only car makers know about, with a massive first prize given out sometime in the future,
Ugly car day - r_welfare
The ugliest thing I saw today was the 2006 Fiesta in
a showroom. What is it with those knobbly bits on
the front headlamp units for the sidelights? Hate it hate
it hate it!
--------------
Mike Farrow

Seeing the 2006 model Fiesta on the billboard adverts, it looks like Ford have taken the front end from the Toyota MR2 and grafted it to the Fezzer, but it's not really ugly.

Definitely has to be the RR Phantom, Ssangyong Rodius, and the new wave of Seat 'can't decide if I'm an MPV or a hatchback' models. I'm still undecided about the new Civic, too...
Ugly car day - AngryJonny
I agree with:

Ssangyong Rodius
Fiat Multipla Mk1
Porsche Cayenne

And I'll raise you a:

Citroen Xsara Picasso
Lexus GS300
Daewoo Matiz

----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
Ugly car day - PhilW
Aah, just got it - RR=Range Rover - I thought you meant Rolls -Royce - never mind, both pretty ugly. But, on another tack, when did Range Rover replace Rolls Royce as RR? Especially since RR meant Rolls Royce for about 100 years.
Phil
Ugly car day - Round The Bend
""My vote goes to the Ssangyong Rodius, never seen one in the metal but looks hideous from every pic I have seen.
DB""

DB, I saw one at the weekend and can assure you its very odd.
Ugly car day - Happy Blue!
Ssayngyong Rodius was styled(?) by a Brit - Ken Greenham I think. However, it is still ugly with ugliness added on top.

But equally, the Roller has no style either, whichis poor for a car costing abotu 1/4 Million.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Ugly car day - tyro
We've done this rather recently

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=35162

Never mind. It'll give me a chance to change my mind again. :-)

For what it's worth, I've never actually seen a Rodius, a new Phantom, or even one of these new Cadillacs in the flesh (what a sheltered life I live)- but in the pictures, none of them look at all pretty to me.
Ugly car day - greenhey
I think I'll be in a minority but I think the Hyundai Coupe is vile to look at . First time I saw one I thought it had been in an accident until I realised it was supposed to look like that.
Multipla , they have at least tried to go for a quirkly look .
Another vehicle I loathe is the ( I think it's) Mitsubishi "Animal " whih is one of those moronic double cab pickuppy things , and looks like it was knocked up on some kind of makeover show. Seem to be driven by blokes in singlets called Jason who fix 100 kilos of lights onto a front rack then drive in fog with sidelights on .
There that's better now
Ugly car day - Lud
Most current BMWs. Mercedes A series. Smart (sports version excepted).
Ugly car day - BobbyG
All Smarts.
Ugly car day - L'escargot
Megane.

--
L\'escargot.
Ugly car day - Hugo {P}
Erm, not sure about that new Chrysler thing.

The State of Florida was brimming with them when we were there in October.

I can't make up my mind whether or not it's ugly or inspired......
Ugly car day - NowWheels
I'm amazed that so many ppl find the Multipla ugly. Ther's one across he road from me, and my friends are divided on it -- people either love it or hate it.

Personally, I think that it's refreshingly different to all the rest of the attempts to make something that looks sleek or flashy.
Ugly car day - Adam {P}
Again, I still find the Fiat Multipla ugly.
Ugly car day - Dynamic Dave
Sorry Adam, your previous post got deleted when I cleared out the IB.
Ugly car day - Adam {P}
Apology Accepted.
Ugly car day - greenhey
There's a guy near us with a Chrysler Crossfire which he proudly drives to and from the village supermarket, apparently thinking the looks on peoples' faces are from envy.
In fact they are a mixture of (a) what an ugly , vulgar thing and (b) what I could have spent that money on
Ugly car day - Geordie1
Hugo (P)...'that new Chrysler thing' is a model 300C. See it in the metal in UK spec.preferably in mineral grey metallic. Next month have a test drive in the CRD model with the latest Merc diesel engine then have a close look at the build quality and standard equipment. Finally see how little you have to pay for it. Yes..I am going to buy one!
Ugly car day - mare
Another vote for the Rodius, but oddly in black they seem so much better.

Citroen C5. Hideous. Ugly.
Daihatsu Grand Move, about a S reg. Stupid looking car, too tall and wheels too small.
Pre facelift Vectra with non wraparound head lights. daft looking, it could look so much better.

Chrysler 300C i like though!