Pug 206 1.9D. Clutch rattle? Yr 2001 - clachnacudden
How do all,

I have a 2001 Pug 206 1.9D with 85k (mostly motorway) miles.

Firstly - when starting the engine there is a slight rattle / clunking sound that comes from (under) the engine bay area. The noise lasts until I depress the clutch and then the noise disppears, once I raise the clutch again however it starts. It sounds like something is loose - and the clutch pedal vibrates also.

Any help to at least point me in the right direction before putting the car in the garage, would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Craig
Pug 206 1.9D. Clutch rattle? Yr 2001 - mss1tw
I thought a Pug of that age would have the HDi engine...

I only know about HDi's and it sounds like it could be the clutch release bearing (Common on Fiestas) or the crank pulley or dual mass flywheel (Common on HDi's!)

I'm only rewriting this verbatim - So I could be very wrong.
Pug 206 1.9D. Clutch rattle? Yr 2001 - sierraman
Release bearing,don't worry about it unless it starts to get really bad.G/box out for replacement.
Pug 206 1.9D. Clutch rattle? Yr 2001 - clachnacudden
mmmm Gearbox out for replacement - connected with the release bearing, could you expand on this?

and yes 2001 was the last year they made the 1.9 for the PUG..

best,

Craig
Pug 206 1.9D. Clutch rattle? Yr 2001 - Civic8
pedal vibration is usualy caused by pressure plate fingers either broken or out of line.causing the release bearing to vibrate as its moving back and forth on the levers,either worn pressure plate or badly worn release bearing?
--
Steve