Golf V boot - any good for golf clubs? - DF
My Mum is changing her car in the next couple of months and is considering a Golf V.

One key criteria for her is to be able to fit her golf clubs into the book without folding the back seat down.

I know that this would not have been possible in the Mk IV - any Mk V owners have any experience with their car and golf clubs?

(I know this is a dodgy question as it depends on the clubs, but before she hauls her clubs and trolley off to the dealer to check, any experience the forum has would be much appreciated - hers are normal ladies clubs).

DF
Golf V boot - any good for golf clubs? - The Lawman
If she's got a power trolley and a big tour bag
(and most lady golfers seem to ) then I would be surprised if she could fit it all in.
Golf V boot - any good for golf clubs? - kenl
I can easily fit my clubs in but have to take the driver out (gent's long driver) and sit it on top.

Best to take her gear down to the showroom to give it a go but the boot is pretty big.

What about the Golf Plus?
Golf V boot - any good for golf clubs? - Altea Ego
A set of ladies clubs will fit from back corner to opposite front corner. ie diaganol corner to corner. Not with trolley attached tho.
--
RF - currently 1 Renault short of a family
Thanks for all the replies.

RF - I suggested the Plus to her as well and she is going down to the dealership to have a look. Apart from the bigger boot and sliding rear seats, I think the higher seating position will suit her as she gets older.

DF
Golf V boot - any good for golf clubs? - Hoseman
My friend who is a golfer reckons that if he should cut 6 inches off the shanks then he could just get them into his wheelie bin.
Update ...

Ladies clubs will just about fit in the boot of a MkV Golf diagonally along with a trolley.

But she was so taken with the Golf Plus - a bit more room and a little higher seating position - that she is going to buy a demo.

Thanks for your replies.

DF
Golf V boot - any good for golf clubs? - Happy Blue!
I do like these cars with a higher seating position. Its not just about getting older; unless you are driving a sports car, then the ease of access, especially in a tight car park, makes the extra few inches off the ground all worthwhile.

Mind you, once you get to Range Rover size, the extra height is too much and I feel like a mountain goat climbing into my mate's RR.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?