Peugeot 206 alarm and Door sensor - volvos60T5SE
Hi there,
a mate of mine has an 03 reg' pug 206, the alarm no longer sets, due to the car thinking that the rear left hand door is open. I believe this to be the door-closed sensor, or whatever its called, however, i do not know where it is! I believe the switch to be internal, does anyone actually know where the switch is loacted??? thanks DAN
Peugeot 206 alarm and Door sensor - jc
Don't know about Peugeot but on Fords the switch was built into the lock-just a little microswitch-usually blue or green.
Peugeot 206 alarm and Door sensor - Fiesta Fanatic
I have a similar problem on my 406... I havent got around to checking the locks on the doors yet, but I ain't taking it to Peugeot, they wanted an arm and a leg just to investigate, and even more to replace.

When I get time I'll be looking at the passenger door... for a while the lock has sounded a little lazy, and I think this is a good place to start looking for a problem.

Good luck!
Peugeot 206 alarm and Door sensor - Fiesta Fanatic
I forgot to mention - although my alarm chirps to let you know the alarm thinks one of the doors isnt correctly locked, the alarm still works.
Peugeot 206 alarm and Door sensor - bell boy
car under warranty?might need a software update?it is a pewgot after all.
Peugeot 206 alarm and Door sensor - volvos60T5SE
thanks for all the replys, i know that it is the door switch, as the interior lights do not go off evn when all the doors are closed. i am thinking that the door panel is going to have to be removed, is this an easy job?? any help apprciated DAN