1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - marty69
Hi
This may seem like a stupid queation, but i recently kerbed my Golf GTI while going about 30 miles an hour and as a result a lump has appeared in the outer wall of the tyre, do you think its new tyre time or what, im asking on here cos if i go to a tyre place they're guaranteed to say yes just so i spend money on a new one.
Cheers
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - keo-the-dog
CHANGE IT quick as you like...cheers...keo.
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - Civic8
usually called a carbuncle,tyre sidewall is damaged internally so it needs replacing ASAP before it blows
--
Steve
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - Adam {P}
In case you're still unsure,

REPLACE IT!
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - bell boy
the cords in the tyre have broken and as said the tyre could blow out at any time,if you hit a kerb at 30mph i suggest you at least have the steering geometry checked as a minimum requirement as well as a new tyre.............sorry
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - marty69
Yeah gonna get it replaced,
have Toyo Proxes all around the car, and wanted one to replace it, found a website called e-tyres.co.uk which sold them for 67.90 and they come to your house and fit them, but they cant get it to me until thursday, but have to drive a 100 mile round trip to work on wednesday night, and nowhere near by has toyo's.
My question is if i get one of the budget brands and end up with one tyre different to the rest , is it a good idea ? or what are the benefits of fitting the same tyres all around, i'd use the spare but its a 195 / 70 and the rest are 205/15's.
I really need a tyre but dont want to pay through the nose for one.
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - Peter D
Put the spare on the rear until you have the new tyre and be safe my friend. Regards Peter
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - adverse camber
I dont think so.

If you were to put the spare on it should go on the front and speed should be kept down

I would go with borrow or hire a car for work,
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - Civic8
You really need two tyres then,no point in having a spare you cant use/not happy in using
--
Steve
1995 Golf GTI Front Tyre - Peter D
No the odd size tyre is best put on a non traction wheel to avoid destabilising the car in corners and under braking. Regards Peter